Jestersix

Tom's upcoming Waterbox Marine 90.3 Mixed reef

Did a 50% water change today then retested a couple of hours after. When I was draining the tank, I forgot to turn off the ATO with kalkwasser in it and it dumped nearly 3 gallons of the stuff in there. So my calcium is a bit high. I’ll do another 30 gallons tomorrow.
IMG_2896.jpeg

7.9. pH with 3 gallons of kalk all at once - i would’ve guessed it would turn out higher but I guess not

Check salinity. Kalk is still mostly plain water

You maxed the trident on calcium btw, it’s not 600ppm, it’s above that. if it reads an actual number tomorrow I would leave it be. Under 600, let it come down on its own, i think there’s been too much sharp change recently.

Water changes are good but man, there’s been a lot of params swinging all over the place. Doing less is more. Let things chill lol

I’m worried for your more sensitive corals :/

I had to watch all the YouTube videos to make sure I was doing the Hanna tests correctly. So after another 20% water change. I retested and I think we finally have good numbers. Fish and corals seem to have been unaffected during this process and I haven’t had any loses so far..... from the water at least. Clownfish got sucked into the skimmer pump by accident. Fingers crossed . Salinity is at 34.4
IMG_2912.jpeg

IMG_2900.png
PXL_20240812_060158069_Original.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah. I started to mount frags on the sides, back and underneath the rocks, lol. Time to put on the brakes. I keep telling myself No more then I see something cool. I’m going to try to hold out for a Glitter Bomb Goni. I’m going to end up killing them or adding more tanks if I keep this up. Hopefully I don’t do both.

My name is Tom, and I’m a reefing addick. Is reefaholic a word? Good thing I didn’t go with a big tank. I do have a Reef Casa 12g coming this week tho. Couldn’t resist the $199 deal and I figured it would make a good hospital tank

Yeah. I started to mount frags on the sides, back and underneath the rocks, lol. Time to put on the brakes. I keep telling myself No more then I see something cool. I’m going to try to hold out for a Glitter Bomb Goni. I’m going to end up killing them or adding more tanks if I keep this up. Hopefully I don’t do both.

My name is Tom, and I’m a reefing addick. Is reefaholic a word? Good thing I didn’t go with a big tank. I do have a Reef Casa 12g coming this week tho. Couldn’t resist the $199 deal and I figured it would make a good hospital tank
Kays coral had some glitter bombs for the best price I have seen anywhere. I picked one up a couple weeks ago. Sorry for enabling lol

Thanks for the referral. Let them know I’m coming . I didn’t even know about them. My collection will feel more complete once I have a Glitter Bomb!

Back