got ethical husbandry?

Tom's upcoming Waterbox Marine 90.3 Mixed reef

First ICP came in. Phosphates a little high so I added a Reactor with RowaPhos and a 18W UV. Switched to Fauna Marin Salt to see if this could be the one that I stick with long term.
I was shocked to see a Super Male Rhomboid Golden Fairy Wrasse on saltwaterfish.com for $99. Had to get one! The last time I had one of those was 14 years ago in my Oceanic 180. Paid $350 for it back then only to see it on the floor a couple of month later. This tank's covered so hopefully we'll see him around for a little longer.
Started using Fauna Marine's coral food products and Amino acids. Anyone have experience with their line of products?

View attachment 60545View attachment 60546View attachment 60547
Go slow with the phosphate reduction, it's very easy to over strip the water and more sensitive corals can react poorly or lead to a dinoflagellate bloom.

Go slow with the phosphate reduction, it's very easy to over strip the water and more sensitive corals can react poorly or lead to a dinoflagellate bloom.
This.

I overdid carbon dosing, PO4 bottomed out, and I got dinos. I actually didn’t realize for a week or two, but then i solved it in a week by broadcasting reef roids daily.

I hear it’s often much much harder than that so beware

Back