Cali Kid Corals

Vectra noise

I got a reply text back this morning to open up a ticket. They asked for a receipt, which I don't have so will have to see if Ecotech will do anything for me... Haven't heard back yet since my reply
You should tell them the physical presence of the pump that carry your logo, carry the design defect that your company have admitted should be enough evidence that the pump is ecotech and should be replaced..
Srsly what invoice prove here? The warranty is on the product not the ownership...

So the good news, i got an M2 sent to replace the faulty M1. So-so news, it didn't come with quick couplings. Bad news..the couplings sizes are different than the M1.

Before I go hunting for M2 couplings, anyone know if there is an alternative coupling option like a standard union or something that would work?

So the good news, i got an M2 sent to replace the faulty M1. So-so news, it didn't come with quick couplings. Bad news..the couplings sizes are different than the M1.

Before I go hunting for M2 couplings, anyone know if there is an alternative coupling option like a standard union or something that would work?
They do that intentionally, you are suppose to use your old m2 head assembly. Same happined with me when they sent me the l1 replacment. And am suppose to be thankful here lol. Just see the hassle u r going thru to replace a faulty pump...

Well, I don’t know what size thread it is exactly, but it looks like a 1” spears union fits. The only problem is the wrong end fits in (oring-to-oring).

image.jpg

image.jpg

They do that intentionally, you are suppose to use your old m2 head assembly. Same happined with me when they sent me the l1 replacment. And am suppose to be thankful here lol. Just see the hassle u r going thru to replace a faulty pump...

Hmmmm....that’s odd. When I got my M2 replacement for my M1, looked like it was a new unit and it included the couplers.

@RandyC yeah, i reached into my bucket o' pvc parts and found the 1" union kinda fits. Thread sizes are wrong..and didn't want to over tighten and strip the threads on the pump side so abandoned the swap out.

@ofzakaria i thought about swapping out the manifold with the m1 but have read that the m2 couplings are natively compatible with pvc sizes vs on m1, you would have to step down...which ibwant tonavoid since i am running my chiller inline... less head pressure, the better

Well, I don’t know what size thread it is exactly, but it looks like a 1” spears union fits. The only problem is the wrong end fits in (oring-to-oring).

View attachment 16705

View attachment 16706

Hmmmm....that’s odd. When I got my M2 replacement for my M1, looked like it was a new unit and it included the couplers.
Yeh, they made it look like it's the normal proccess
This was the responce from ecotech
"Thank you for contacting EcoTech Marine! Please see the attached file for reference. You will need to swap the volute from the L1 to the L2. That way you can keep your original plumbing and make for an easy transition of motors. Please let us know if you need anything!"

"Thank you for contacting EcoTech Marine! Please see the attached file for reference. You will need to swap the volute from the L1 to the L2. That way you can keep your original plumbing and make for an easy transition of motors. Please let us know if you need anything!"

But they gave you a solution which is actually less painful if you had your pump hard plumbed. The couplers are different sizes and use 1” pvc (M2) versus 3/4” (M1). If you didnt swap the volute. You’d have to redo part, if not all, your manifold.

Yeah, i got the same guidance... i might just try to find new couplings. Tried looking last night and was out of stock at a few of the usual places

But they gave you a solution which is actually less painful if you had your pump hard plumbed. The couplers are different sizes and use 1” pvc (M2) versus 3/4” (M1). If you didnt swap the volute. You’d have to redo part, if not all, your manifold.
True... would be a nice touch if they gave you a choice... my motivation at the moment is that also in the event i ever swap out or upgrade my pump to the L2, or my M2 needs replacement, i can do an easy swap

Kinda, only problem was, when I pulled the pump I cut plumbing and couldnot use my old one.
It was not s big deal since i never needed to use the vectra anyway, i had to buy RDD3 100 watt cause I coildnot wait for a week without pump lol.
I wish they would not assume in the customer behalf..

Last edited:
True... would be a nice touch if they gave you a choice... my motivation at the moment is that also in the event i ever swap out or upgrade my pump to the L2, or my M2 needs replacement, i can do an easy swap

you wronged ecotech in another life. So no couplers for you. Me, on the other hand, obviously has good Ecotech karma points as I got the couplers. ;)

you wronged ecotech in another life. So no couplers for you. Me, on the other hand, obviously has good Ecotech karma points as I got the couplers. ;)
Ha ha ha I guess so. But in all seriousness, it was just bad planning for this whole debacle..as a vendor u must think of all customer spectrum.
Btw I see hints of the same issues on their new dosing pumps...i hope it will not be the case.

Ha ha ha I guess so. But in all seriousness, it was just bad planning for this whole debacle..as a vendor u must think of all customer spectrum.
Btw I see hints of the same issues on their new dosing pumps...i hope it will not be the case.

Don’t get me started on that one. They completely FUBARed the push connect adapter on their pump tubing.

Back