got ethical husbandry?

What did you get at the CFM?

Never heard of him either.
Btw, I spoke with Steve Tyree and he decided to not bring the drapes/rods anymore for this event. Which makes setup/tear down a cinch. But it does mean that we have to come up with a way to display our banner.

We should also consider whatever we come up with will need to be stored all year. This isn’t just theoretical for some of us...
Maybe we consider stickers and some freebies that we give to anyone who attend..
Whoever get infornt of is we pass them a sticker, or something like key chains, coral toothbrush..etc
Budget for something like this will not be that high

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

IMG_20200210_143732.jpg

I got this beautiful Maxima clam. My first time trying to keep a clam.

Just a thought, has BAR ever sold frags at CFM? Since most people from out of the area come to CFM to buy frags it would be a good way to attract them to the booth and educate them about our Mission statement and have them buy raffle tickets. Maybe local members and sponsors can donate frags to be sold, sell a frag from DBTC, or sell the frags from the grow out contest. We have so many generous reefers donating frags during our annual frag swaps anyways so why not use CFM as an opportunity to raise more funds?

Just a thought, has BAR ever sold frags at CFM? Since most people from out of the area come to CFM to buy frags it would be a good way to attract them to the booth and educate them about our Mission statement and have them buy raffle tickets. Maybe local members and sponsors can donate frags to be sold, sell a frag from DBTC, or sell the frags from the grow out contest. We have so many generous reefers donating frags during our annual frag swaps anyways so why not use CFM as an opportunity to raise more funds?
Just my opinions:
To some extent we do that occasionally by getting a donated coral from a member and raffling it.
But actual sales have some problems.
In particular, we sometimes have fish stores as sponsors, and do not want to compete.
We need to be careful of non-profit status.
And should a club really be known for for selling things other than an occasional T-shirt?

Just my opinions:
To some extent we do that occasionally by getting a donated coral from a member and raffling it.
In particular, we sometimes have fish stores as sponsors, and do not want to compete.
And should a club really be known for for selling things other than an occasional T-shirt?
Not to mention selling to stranger whos system is unknown can mean giving coral to die.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just my opinions:

Selling frags is a good suggestion. But has some challenges. Not sure that Steve Tyree would support us selling corals at his CFM unless we paid for a booth. It also means that someone would have to commit to setup and tear down a frag tank with lights etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just my opinions:

Good point on the non-profit status and conflicting with sponsored lfs. Didn’t think about that.

Selling frags is a good suggestion. But has some challenges. Not sure that Steve Tyree would support us selling corals at his CFM unless we paid for a booth. It also means that someone would have to commit to setup and tear down a frag tank with lights etc.

Gotcha. Didn’t know BAR got a free pass on the booth. Very generous of Steve.

Yeah he's a youtuber but yeah also runs aquashella

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I follow him. He's actually pretty funny and entertaining.

Also, I like the sticker idea. Giving away cool stickers with our web address would be fun and effective. I agree that it was hard to tell that the BAR booth was for BAR. Maybe there can be a sign up sheet for people to get more info on BAR, then we could email them info or just give email them a link to our website.

I’ve been suggesting this for awhile. And I also think we could pay member(s) to do this stuff since money would be coming in.

Back