High Tide Aquatics

Where's Screebo?

Sure, like "where's Waldo?"
In case you've wondered why I don't spend a couple hours a day contributing to the forum, yep, it's my new job. I've averaged 50 hour weeks since I started as a temp in early December, became Permanent in late January and started working many Saturdays to meet schedules. Tesla is ramping up big time for the new "S" model and I continue to build products for all kinds of testing including road testing, crash testing, extreme climate testing and more. They love to break the things that I build! lol. It's a fascinating world and a miracle that I can spend a few minutes a day on the most sketchy tank maintenance in my tank hobby history. Anyway, I still love my reef tank hobby, truly enjoy the great number of friends and acquaintances that I've met in BAR, and will continue to take dutiful notes on the BOD meetings. I'm sure you are noticing that I'm sporting a bit of a new look since my mortgage broker days........thanks for understanding! :davie: Hope to adjust soon and be back into more frequent interaction with new posts and current topics. I'm REALLY happy and celebrating a big birthday this year..........(60, would you believe it?)

See you all very soon,

John Screebo Edwards

Happy almost birthday, John! So glad to hear that the new job is going well, and that you were hired as a permanent employee in such an evolving field.

It was fun to look at the partially welded frame that was shown in Geneva. It would have been cooler to see the whole car. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.

It's extra special. It won't be long before it becomes a household word. Of course, I've become very bias. hehehe I've never worked so hard and enjoyed it so much. It's like working at See's when you love chocolate.

Congrats John... sounds like a dream job to me :) I'd kill to work there but some how I don't think they need an aquarist :(

John's right. Heli's are gathering dust. I pull them out to charge 'em up about once a week. When the weather is better, I'll be doing some flying after dark. despite the new work schedule, I have managed to plan a summer dive trip to Turneffe Island, off the coast of Belize. Regarding the tank, LPS has never looked so good but many acros are showing the long term decline from lack of oxygen over a long period of time. Most acro and milli frags have bleached out and have been removed from the tank. Bird's nests have not been greatly affected as well as some better established branching coral. I need some donations to verify that conditions using the RB strips will support healthy SPS frags. Any members with frags of DBTC or other SPS that are willing to contribute, donations will be very welcome. I am planning to be at the BOD meeting Saturday. (hint hint) Also, I pick up........... :D

Thanks for all the good words. I like this bunch of coconuts.................. :p

Good to hear from you John . Glad all is well. Job sounds Awesome . I always felt that Company had a great future . Now with you there
its guaranteed. Sound a lot more rewarding then having to fix these so-called GM Hybrids . (P.P.P.P.P.P ! )
Hope to see you around at the next show.

Nice to get an update John and glad you're enjoying it there. I have a friend who also works there and works his a## off. Have you thought about either of these: 1- getting a larger tank (when/ if you have time for it) since your tank is pretty full and 2) getting a new tatoo- a Tesla one, now that would be full company support. :D
You can always come to my place and pick out several frags- I have around 10 or so SPS ones- 1/2 monti's the other 1/2 acros- you've seen most of them when you last visited but they keep growing and I keep fragging.

Back