Our mission

Who wants a brand new big ass tank?

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
Here's the deal. I am shortly going to have to move my tanks (long story), and in anticipation of that, have spent the week going back and forth with Trent at CDA (Crystal Dynamics Aquariums,) whom many of you know, about a custom tank.

I went through a number of sizes with him, and because of that they've decided to try something new. Instead of the usual custom order only he wants to try doing a number of tanks in a run at a VERY low price (economy of scale.) The catch is that there's no customization, but the specs are awesome. I've already paid for mine because I love the size -- so I'm not gaining anything by passing the info on. His initial run will be six tanks to see if he can make money doing this.

Here's the specs:

72"L X 36"W X 24"H ( Long and wide!)
1/2" Starphire on three sides.
Eurobraced
36" long modular marine overflow

$2400.00 !!!!!

It can be combined with an aluminum frame for only $1980.00 that will have tabs for panels to be added if you want (via his shop or your carpenter.)

This aquarium if ordered custom from him would be about 4K so the savings are substantial, and he makes great stuff. He can have it shipped to you or he makes a trip to the Bay Area every 6 weeks or so (he makes custom jobs for Neptune's, AC and many others and trucks them up here on that time frame.) He can deliver to your driveway or out front usually for around $200.00 I believe. That's what I paid for my last tank delivery right to my door.

This is getting offered to BAR members first, but others are welcome as well.

Does the tank have only an exterior euro brace or does that size need cross braces?

Honestly -- half inch glass and euro braced is more than adequate. I know this because I've talked to Trent at length about stability (on a past tank) and he's unrelenting on not wanting to ever produce a tank that's not engineered properly. He doesn't want the hassle of issues down the line.

Well damn, if you said this a couple years ago then hell yah. Mine is 4' x 3' but 6x3 would have been ideal. Oh well no way I'm going through another build considering the work I already did.

That is an absolute steal!

Any added options included in that price? Reinforced corners? Double reinforced bottom? etc etc.

Answer:

"Okay so looking at the tank you will see the seams are thicker than what you would normally see on a tank this size. The corners (vertical seams) have reinforcements built into them, acrylic triangular rods that both give extra strength to the seam and protect it from damage when cleaning. The bottom consists of 2 layers of glass and 1 layer of Starboard, so that it gives it extra protection against shattering/cracks. We've had a customer put a crack into one of the layers of the glass and the second layer left the bottom completely functional. Plus the 2 layers of glass also form a thicker, more reliable seam at the bottom."

Honestly -- half inch glass and euro braced is more than adequate. I know this because I've talked to Trent at length about stability (on a past tank) and he's unrelenting on not wanting to ever produce a tank that's not engineered properly. He doesn't want the hassle of issues down the line.
Just to clarify, no cross braces needed? That's what I was hoping, I am very interested.

PM'd both of you with direct contact info. If BAR can buy out the first run of 6 we can all do a combined tank thread! The idea of a 6" tank with 36" to landscape is just awesome. I'd love to see what everyone does.

PM'd both of you with direct contact info. If BAR can buy out the first run of 6 we can all do a combined tank thread! The idea of a 6" tank with 36" to landscape is just awesome. I'd love to see what everyone does.

does he make frag tanks and delivers them too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back