Welcome to BAR - the Bay Area's premier saltwater hobbyists hub!

William's 20 gallon Invert Reef tank

Guest
Joined
Jan 18, 2025
Messages
815
This is the nem in my main tank.
20250202_6.jpg
 
Guest
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
1,016
whats in the media bag that's zip-tied? you put carbon in it? are you able to put it somewhere for more waterflow as in a sump / canister / hob?

also: based on your pictures, where is your flow? i don't see any powerheads.
 
Facilities/Events
BOD
Joined
Aug 19, 2023
Messages
4,732
Do you have more rocks that are larger that you could use to raise the rocks (stack nem rocks on top of them)higher that nems are on for more light?

Also agree with power head for nems. You don't want them blowing directly onto the nems. So indirect flow 9s ideal. Nems do love to blow in the current. A single happy nem would easy fill your entire 5 gallon tank wall to wall when happy and fully inflated.
 
Guest
Joined
Jan 18, 2025
Messages
815
Sadly my Molly now has Ich and so I am converting him back to freshwater and I will wait it out in my 20 gallon since he is my only fish. More updates will come.
Wish me luck.
Happy reefing everyone!
 
Last edited:
Guest
Joined
Jan 18, 2025
Messages
815
I have acclimated him to my 10 gallon freshwater tank. He is doing better now.
 
Last edited:
Guest
Joined
Jan 18, 2025
Messages
815
Sadly I cannot participate with the hammers I was planning to because of the Ich. So I will maybe participate with my forest fire shrooms or hammers from @Captain Ron's tank :p
My Molly is such a voracious eater :p
Happy Reefing everyone and stay warm!
 
Guest
Joined
Jan 18, 2025
Messages
815
My Dragon Soul torch is doing great and is growing another head!
QT is at 20 days now.
I will PIF a couple splatter hammers after the Ich is gone.
 
Guest
Joined
Jan 18, 2025
Messages
815
Dolphin my Molly has been aggressive in my 10g freshwater tank so I have PIF'ed him to @Captain Ron's 90 gallon tank so he can live a happy and healthy life.
I am planning to take the tank down in a few weeks after I'm sure that the ich has died off.
If you are interested in any of my corals or inverts I will have a post in the BST forum soon.
 
Top