Our mission

Wrasse Choice for a 40 Breeder / Where to buy a pink streaked wrasse?

40679FFF-BDB1-424F-8006-2EE392E326F9.jpeg

There’s really nothing much different a fish could care about from the water from Kenny’s system to yours besides maybe temp once you get it there. I would maybe float for temp and then either add the fish or go like 50/50 bag water to tank water a couple times over a like 5-10 min period and let it go.
The only time I drip acclimate fish is if they are coming from much lower salinity

There’s really nothing much different a fish could care about from the water from Kenny’s system to yours besides maybe temp once you get it there. I would maybe float for temp and then either add the fish or go like 50/50 bag water to tank water a couple times over a like 5-10 min period and let it go.
The only time I drip acclimate fish is if they are coming from much lower salinity
Ive had no issues taking a fish from Kenny and maybe giving a small dose of my water and then letting them go. All have thrived
I floated the bag for 10 mins, drained all but 4oz of Kenny’s water and added 12oz of my water over 5-10 mins. I then poured the fish into a net and released him into my tank. He’s currently sleeping behind my AIO filter and the sunrise program has started. I’ll see if he comes out to eat today.
Bag salinity 1.025
My salinity 1.026

My geometric perchlet kicked him out from behind the filter last night and now I can’t find him after 15 mins of searching. I’m hoping he’s just hiding because I heard some loud pistol shrimp snapping at night.

My geometric perchlet kicked him out from behind the filter last night and now I can’t find him after 15 mins of searching. I’m hoping he’s just hiding because I heard some loud pistol shrimp snapping at night.
Still can’t find him. it’s starting to look grim. 2-4 months of searching and only 24h in my tank before he disappeared. It’s beyond frustrating and disappointing to acquire a hard to get and pricier fish just for this to happen.

Still can’t find him. it’s starting to look grim. 2-4 months of searching and only 24h in my tank before he disappeared. It’s beyond frustrating and disappointing to acquire a hard to get and pricier fish just for this to happen.
It’s in a new environment and scared and confused
If it’s not on the floor, check the overflow
Offer a variety of food types simultaneously
Hopefully it will show itself

Fed the tank and saw no sign of him. I would have put my perchlet in an acclimation box if I would have known this would be the outcome.

Pink streaks sleep in a mucus cocoons, not under the sand. Mine has returned to one of 2 different exact spots in my tank religiously every night, and is otherwise out all day from lights on to off. If it’s under the sand, that’s probably a cause for concern. I’d closely examine every nook and cranny in the rock work, they are exceptionally good at squeezing into tight spaces. It may also be wedged somewhere you can’t see it. Hope he makes a reappearance soon

Back