Cali Kid Corals

Wrasse Choice for a 40 Breeder / Where to buy a pink streaked wrasse?

Mine has been the hide and seek champion of 2022. Tries to eat pieces of mysis that are bigger than it's mouth too. I'd say just give it time, they seem to like eating microfauna in tiny little cracks.

I searched with a flashlight at dawn without results. I’ve checked every rock crevice I can think of. I’ll give it until Friday and then I’ll admit defeat.

Did you take all your floss and media out and thoroughly look in your filtration area? just a thought since it's easily accessible from a jumper..

I guess it buries itself in the sand to hide.
Unfortunately several people have told me that this species is a mucus cocoon sleeper and not a sand burrier.
I’ve all but given up on ever seeing this wrasse again. Lighting cash on fire would have been a better use of money in this situation. I don’t think I’ll attempt a second pink streaked wrasse. :( This has been depressing and demotivating.

lift up your racks and rocks to see if its hiding in it.
Checked under every rack. I can’t check under rocks without toppling my aquascape. I’ve feed the tank 4 times since bringing this wrasse home and didn’t see him once. I think I’m mostly salty about the cost. I understand not every fish will make it.

1 week later and 0 sightings since I put him in. I noticed a large spike in green algae on my glass requiring twice daily cleanings vs my usual twice a week. Could these be completely unrelated? Yes. But I’m going to call it here. The fish didn’t make it.
I appreciate everyone’s optimism but unfortunately it wasn’t applicable here…

Sorry to hear man!!!!! These guys were all doing good. Someone posted one of them on a Facebook group and he looked great. @richiev picked one up yesterday, how is yours doing @richiev ? Hopefully he turns up. Bob the wrasse man got an earmuff wrasse from my which are pricey, and it didn’t show itself for well over a week. I hope yours turns up! Fingers crossed

personally, I guarantee that your fish will die…just not necessarily soon.
here’s your chance to try again at keeping such a wonderful being
good for business, bad for fish
very few wild caught fish are LUCKY enough to live in OUR aquariums with good husbandry…with a chance at survival
for a significant length of time
MOST are dead within days of capture
sad

These fish are known to disappear for quite some time but if you are claiming it is gone
Sorry for your loss.. Swim In Peace little fishy.

Was really rooting for your success! Happens to the best of us, but head up! Lots of fish out there :)

If High Tide sold out of qt wrasse and people are still looking for this specimen, saw a couple at Aquatic Collection yesterday asking $85 from what I remember.

Thank you to everyone for your support along the way. I was pretty excited for this guy and losing him was not fun. If it somehow pops up I owe everyone a beverage. I will wait until the next batch of @under_water_ninja ’s pink streaked wrasses is QTd and try again then.
Sorry for the rants in this thread.

personally, I guarantee that your fish will die…just not necessarily soon.
here’s your chance to try again at keeping such a wonderful being
good for business, bad for fish
very few wild caught fish are LUCKY enough to live in OUR aquariums with good husbandry…with a chance at survival
for a significant length of time
MOST are dead within days of capture
sad
With what I do here my losses are very limited, I give the fish the best chance at survival. All the wilds I bring in a lose about 10% in qt which is great! After they make it through qt they are tough as nails and giving the best possibility of long term survival

Back