Our mission

xinu's 375g tank

Did you have any run down on getting a time of use meter installed? It might not be as advantageous for you, since you probably use your fair share of electricity via air conditioning, but if you didn't I'd say move your tank lighting schedule later and see if that wouldn't save you more cash, since you make energy (as a result sell it back) at peak rates.

My MH alone is already ~1.2kw, return pump is 350w, PH 4x tunze, 2x maxjet 1200 about 250w, skimmer ~50w. At this time of the year my chiller is running 60% of the time at ~600w.

Yup! I turn my light on at night because eletricity is cheaper at night and I not home during the day to enjoy my watching my tank. Rightnow, My 400W MH turns on in sequence:
1st MH @5:00pm ON 12:00mn OFF
2nd MH @6:00pm ON 1:00am OFF
3rd MH @7:00pm ON 2:00am OFF
4th MH @8:00pm ON 3:00am OFF

Beautiful tank !

I'm hoping to do a large tank in the future (are'nt we all ?) any recommendations ? I do like the idea of a denitrator.

Jim

Thank's for the heads up...I will definitely try to make it. Also, do you sell corals ? You have quite a few SPs that I would like to stock in the large tank.

Jim

I paid cash for the solar panels. $20k for 3.28kw system. Just think of buying a new car and with a $20k loan payable in 60mo at 4% int. You'll be paying around $360/mo; or 90mo for $250/mo. But remember electric bill goes up almost every year.

Was last month an electrically unfriendly one? (i.e. air conditioning was needed)??

Either way $234 difference, for $20k those panels will pay for themselves in a little over 7 years, and that's assuming rates don't go up (which they most definitely will). After that it pays itself off those panels are "Free"

[quote author=Tumbleweed link=topic=2609.msg60913#msg60913 date=1225035013]
Yeah I wish my bill looked like that. Most the decimal point over 2 spots and that is closer to what my bill looks like
[/quote]

Your bill was only $.0431?!

Back