Jestersix

XXL750 and Garage Tanks

Yes it is. But yeah one of those slim profile ones could be a good investment on that. Modular Marine is what I did on mine, and they can do custom sizes too if you want a super long one. Although there were a couple things I didnt like about it.

I have 11 kW of solar panels on my roof to help but it won't pay for this one as it barely pays for the current ones. Wonder if the commercial works with solar and would make any difference?

Yes it is. But yeah one of those slim profile ones could be a good investment on that. Modular Marine is what I did on mine, and they can do custom sizes too if you want a super long one. Although there were a couple things I didnt like about it.
What didn't you like about your modular marine box? I was looking at this one:

Well it's more of an issue with the external box, and more because I planned wrong for which hole did what, but I felt that all three holes were a little too close together. Now I get why they are that way it's because with the bulkheads going through tank/box wouldn't be blocked by a pipe but you really need to plan which pipe does what. For instance the two outside holes are big enough to have some inverted "U' or something that can create a siphon if necessary or just have a quiet trickle of water, and the center doesn't really have much room for anything but a pipe (or no pipe at all) and due to the brace on top you can't access if something is in the other holes. Now had I been smart the center hole would have been the one to put a valve on to flood with no pipe unfortunately I didn't realize this until I was over.

Now with proper planning it's a great device, and an absolute bargain compared to what's out there. But that said, also make sure your pipes are secured, because any little weight on it will torque it a bit and cause a leak. Something I noticed when every now and then I'd whack it accidentally.

Well it's more of an issue with the external box, and more because I planned wrong for which hole did what, but I felt that all three holes were a little too close together. Now I get why they are that way it's because with the bulkheads going through tank/box wouldn't be blocked by a pipe but you really need to plan which pipe does what. For instance the two outside holes are big enough to have some inverted "U' or something that can create a siphon if necessary or just have a quiet trickle of water, and the center doesn't really have much room for anything but a pipe (or no pipe at all) and due to the brace on top you can't access if something is in the other holes. Now had I been smart the center hole would have been the one to put a valve on to flood with no pipe unfortunately I didn't realize this until I was over.

Now with proper planning it's a great device, and an absolute bargain compared to what's out there. But that said, also make sure your pipes are secured, because any little weight on it will torque it a bit and cause a leak. Something I noticed when every now and then I'd whack it accidentally.
Can't you change it or did you cement the fittings inside the box or valve too hard to move?

Can't you change it or did you cement the fittings inside the box or valve too hard to move?
I *could* have changed it... but I didn't want to, all the plumbing was glued, and I was in no mood to chop it out and start over. The routing of the plumbing wasn't terribly complex but it was more than simply moving them around.

Reactions: EBJ
I *could* have changed it... but I didn't want to, all the plumbing was glued, and I was in no mood to chop it out and start over. The routing of the plumbing wasn't terribly complex but it was more than simply moving them around.
The three in my eshopps box for frag tank are close together as well

Has anyone here used Fluconazole? Have any issues with it and coral, etc? I've read that it killed Chrysophytes for some people which I'm trying to get rid of.

Battle corals added to DT
A Fire Engine
A Fire Engine.jpg

Marm-U-Lade
Marm-u-Lade.jpg

Rainbow's Army
Rainbow's Army.jpg

Back