Jestersix

So why do people buy water?

We started by mixing our own but we don't have an R/O up and running yet, so we went to buy R/O water and it costs us 75 cents a gallon. To get saltwater, it is only 25 cents more per gallon. This means Peter is not trying to mix it in his bedroom, on the carpet, with mom's spatula. Priceless!!

We started by mixing our own but we don't have an R/O up and running yet, so we went to buy R/O water and it costs us 75 cents a gallon. To get saltwater, it is only 25 cents more per gallon. This means Peter is not trying to mix it in his bedroom, on the carpet, with mom's spatula. Priceless!!

Pretty pricey at 75 cents/gallon, you may want to look into a nice inexpensive RO, some popping up on RC or craigslist

Hahahahahahaa.... ok I've seen pictures of Peter, but this gives me an image of a kid much younger than that :D

Pretty pricey at 75 cents/gallon, you may want to look into a nice inexpensive RO, some popping up on RC or craigslist
I am getting an R/O soon, I have a line on a free unit. If we do the math, we currently don't spend that much on water. We only use 10 gallons a week - $10 total. If we buy salt and mix our own with store bought R/O, our cost actually goes up to $10.70 a week. Even if we make our own R/O and buy salt the cost is approx. $3.20 a week (not including new filters) so we spend an extra $6.80 a week for the convenience of not having to mix up. Once we get the 100g with sump and frag set up, it may make more financial sense. One thing that does bother me about R/O systems is the amount of water waste. Take an Apec for example, it wastes 4 gallons to make one gallon of R/O

Back