Kessil

Well school is suspending in person classes

The real mortality rate is undoubtedly much much lower. There are just untold numbers of people that have not been tested for several reasons and the truly infected number is much much higher. Even in China, during the height of it had people waiting in line all day to see if they had it and the healthcare workers triaged. So, not everyone was counted. Chinese residents stayed home unless they were really ill. So, that number is way way under-reported. South Korea is probably the model of what to do....Italy, not so much.

The real mortality rate is undoubtedly much much lower. There are just untold numbers of people that have not been tested for several reasons and the truly infected number is much much higher. Even in China, during the height of it had people waiting in line all day to see if they had it and the healthcare workers triaged. So, not everyone was counted. Chinese residents stayed home unless they were really ill. So, that number is way way under-reported. South Korea is probably the model of what to do....Italy, not so much.
That’s probably true. A country with a billion people and only 120,000 cases of it is pretty low.

I would like to say maybe the area is a bit remote, but I literally know nothing about the geography of China other than the names of a few cities :D

I think they did try to take some steps to close schools, extended Chinese New Year as a "holiday", but yeah who knows. Maybe half the country is sick now and they just don't want to tell us :D

Thanks for that John, makes a lot of sense, easy to read, and a bit scary at that.

The sign of the apocalypse is here though... Disneyland will be closing it's park (not just the ones in Asian countries, the one down in Anaheim) until the end of the month, and if a business that is all about the dollar sign is closing, that can't be good :D

This is probably the most intelligent and thoughtful discussion of the epidemiology of the coronavirus outbreak (and argument for immediate action) I’ve seen so far:

Yup this is one of the best summaries out there. Our posture toward the viruse was not good, the faster countries reacted the lower the death rate. We kept wavering and treating this as a PR issue instead of health and human services issues...now I fear what the numbers will be in 2 weeks in USA..

I’m going back Monday and some of my stops are reopening. Gonna be awhile before the rest do. I’m expecting some not to ever reopen

Yeah I'm fully expecting San Francisco, and most all colleges to stay closed for the rest of the semester.

And I never thought I'd say this, but damn I want to be in a classroom :D Been having near chronic headaches all week long, that strangely go away when I leave the house to get groceries which unfortunately is not that often :D

Yeah I'm fully expecting San Francisco, and most all colleges to stay closed for the rest of the semester.

And I never thought I'd say this, but damn I want to be in a classroom :D Been having near chronic headaches all week long, that strangely go away when I leave the house to get groceries which unfortunately is not that often :D
You may wanna check for CO or more likely high co2 levels inside. Probably a long shot but worth a check. Could be a furnace or water heater not ducted properly contributing to the issue.

And I never thought I'd say this, but damn I want to be in a classroom

I agree. I thought I would enjoy working from home more than the office... it has not been the case. I can't wait to be back in the office - Is something I thought I would never say.

Sorry to hear about the headaches.

I have a co2 meter if you want to borrow. I’m guessing you have a CO detector already probably? Can visually inspect the ducting at least. Assuming you have nat gas appliances like me...
High co2 can def lead to head aches.

I got cans of CO2, that you can use to test your sensors at home.

The sensors do have a shelf life and should be replaced every 6-10 years. Code requires combo smoke/co2 units for new construction now.

If you are renting, they are required by law. And your landlord needs to put them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back