Our mission

Lazy Reefers Waterbox 20 cube

Update on some equipment I’ll be using as wrangling things via my Instagram is a slow but worthy process.

I’ll be upgrading the return pump to a sicce 1.0 and usinga 1/2 RFG nozzle as the only flow in the tank. I’m hoping to keep a bulky wavemaker out of it and create all my flow with the return pump leaving more space in the display.

Im still working on snagging a light and this build will be pretty much complete. Still contemplating some Intank media baskets but I have to wait for the tank to come in as waterbox is apparently really loose when it comes to build tolerances.

For filtration the rock I’m thinking will do the bulk of it and once I get the tank in hand I’ll visualize the final decisions to be made. Skimmer/No skimmer, refugium although I never loved them in my nano chambers before so that means another hob breeder box with light(bulky and not very attractive). And if I can find a place for some extra marine pure balls that would be ideal.

Update on some equipment I’ll be using as wrangling things via my Instagram is a slow but worthy process.

I’ll be upgrading the return pump to a sicce 1.0 and usinga 1/2 RFG nozzle as the only flow in the tank. I’m hoping to keep a bulky wavemaker out of it and create all my flow with the return pump leaving more space in the display.

Im still working on snagging a light and this build will be pretty much complete. Still contemplating some Intank media baskets but I have to wait for the tank to come in as waterbox is apparently really loose when it comes to build tolerances.
With the dimension of the tank, you really don't need a wave maker. Good flow action with just the flange.

The rfg of course will give it extra pep

With the dimension of the tank, you really don't need a wave maker. Good flow action with just the flange.

The rfg of course will give it extra pep
I assumed as much but yea I just love RFGs and they're sending me one out free of charge so I’ll happily take that upgrade and run with it.
How does the media go in it? There’s not a lot of info on that middle chamber and I’m wondering if a media basket is worth it

Careful with the RFG. I personally wouldn't call it nem safe. The educator slots that creates the random flow pattern sucks in water and can suck in nems too if they float or walk near the RFG. I've had it happen to me in a tank.

The octocup works pretty well but you could make your own if you were so inclined.

There's ample room in the back in the middle section. Right now, i have 2 slabs of marinepure but instead of a media basket , i was just going to use 99-cent mesh bags from petsmart and fill up with carbon and maybe something for PO4. But with just a nem, the latter might not be needed.

Careful with the RFG. I personally wouldn't call it nem safe. The educator slots that creates the random flow pattern sucks in water and can suck in nems too if they float or walk near the RFG. I've had it happen to me in a tank.
Yep I’ve had a few close calls with this before as well. It’s a risk worth taking imo as once my rainbows settle I’ve never seen one move. Still would be a bummer to have happen though

The octocup works pretty well but you could make your own if you were so inclined.

There's ample room in the back in the middle section. Right now, i have 2 slabs of marinepure but instead of a media basket , i was just going to use 99-cent mesh bags from petsmart and fill up with carbon and maybe something for PO4. But with just a nem, the latter might not be needed.
Nice yea I’m thinking the octocup will be a good add. It just fits right in?

Curious about the RFG too, my 40B does have an MP40 on it, but the return is really just a clunky piece of hose with loc-line over the edge.
I love them. Been using em since they came out. No moving parts and really does create a wide stream of random flow. Never really needs maintenance and is pretty cheap. Only drawback is they do require a bit of oomph from a return pump to operate as intended.

Nice yea I’m thinking the octocup will be a good add. It just fits right in?
The WB comes with a 2" filter sock and a square plate with a cutout for the sock. The optocup basically drops into the hole in place of the sock.

Admittedly, you could just as well buy a 2" plexiglass tube, cut it, cap it on one end, and then fit a slightly larger ring on the open end... :) but much easier to just get the octocup.

The WB comes with a 2" filter sock and a square plate with a cutout for the sock. The optocup basically drops into the hole in place of the sock.

Admittedly, you could just as well buy a 2" plexiglass tube, cut it, cap it on one end, and then fit a slightly larger ring on the open end... :) but much easier to just get the octocup.
I’m looking for the octocup in 2” and can’t find it. Can you help with a link to what your using?

That’s a great light. Do you need a diffuser though? Kessil does such a good job with color blending.
Diffusers knock the shimmer down to an acceptable level. I run a lot of surface movement and standard shimmer is almost seizure inducing for me. I’ll see how it is but the diffuser is a just in case thing.

Back