Our mission

Anna & Pablo’s RSR P650

My daughter decorated the cabinet today. She’s an amazing artist!

585d71d053cffe24c76e848bd3076d6e.jpg

Looking good so far.
You should add the missing horizontal pieces to the bottom of each door. I think it would complete the look. Should be really easy to do.

Yes, all of these guys came from one tank together, so the stocking list had to be adjusted. The powder brown was just too beautiful to pass up and the cleaner is a great specimen - he eats anything and everything. @Twisted kept these guys fat, healthy and happy.

Ammonia is < 0.15
Nitrite is 1
Nitrate is 100

Only fish in the tank. This tells me that the nitrifying bacteria are doing their job. But...should I do anything to lower nitrate or just let the Chaeto get established and soak it up.

Ammonia is < 0.15
Nitrite is 1
Nitrate is 100

Only fish in the tank. This tells me that the nitrifying bacteria are doing their job. But...should I do anything to lower nitrate or just let the Chaeto get established and soak it up.
if you aren’t going to do huge water changes you should try to aggressively get the nitrate down to avoid serious algae issues. Chaeto is good for maintenance but to reduce that much you could start carbon dosing like with NOPOX (easy/safe). Also should think about testing phosphate too, since all of the biological ways of reducing nitrate require phosphate as well. Neither chaeto or NOPOX should cause any problems with your cycle progressing.

Back