Welcome to BAR - the Bay Area's premier saltwater hobbyists hub!

10th SF Tank Tour - Sunday Nov 8th

Nav

Guest
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
1,421
Sorry guys I'm going to back out. Last min plans and I'm in Dubai right now headed to India. I'm back 8th noon so can't make it unless I come straight from the airport, lol ;)
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
22
Lev / Lev Ingman / Viewing / Chips and Dips? / Any (I just moved back to the bay and im now a supporting member, it just hasnt updated me as supporting yet)
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2007
Messages
1,376
My attendance is determined by this: "Dungeness crab season is supposed to start on Nov. 7, but fishermen are waiting in limbo while the California Department of Public Health runs tests in the ocean and on crab beds. Test results are due midweek and encompass Dungeness crabs living in eight California ports"
:)

Oh,..."State officials are currently testing crabs for the presence of domoic acid, a neurotoxin that can cause memory loss, seizures and even death when consumed by humans. Domoic acid can survive high temperatures, so your crab's dip in a boiling bath won't destroy the danger. "
 
Guest
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
2,912
I didnt know we had so many crab fishermen on BAR!

You guys drop pots from boats or crab snare?

We should go crabbing! Im a fan of crab snaring on HMB jetty, bakers beach, and pacifica pier.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
17,384
He's not saying that because he's a crab fisherman he's saying that because he wants free crab to eat.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
6,636
Still a few spots left. - NAv is out - Lev is in. Still need to hear back from Merith?
 
Guest
Joined
Sep 20, 2013
Messages
242
Unfortunately it seems like I'm not gonna be able to make it. Hopefully everyone has a great day seeing what I'm sure is a good collections of awesome tanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
17,384
I know this is not a BAR sponsored thing, but could anyone (ahem Ender) in the BoD bring glue? :D If you don't have access to it though I understand.
 
Guest
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
2,912
I dont have access to the glue. I think geneva or mray has em.

I hope someone brings spicy hot wings
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
17,384
Ah no worries then, just trying to glue down a few more of the frag swap frags. BTW those Sakuri Sunrise (??) zoas that I you put in grow like fricking weeds! I pulled them out of the QT and they were growing onto the egg crate, then put them in the main tank and probably doubled in numbers within the past couple weeks.

and sorry the links I'm bringing are mild, I don't handle spicy very well at all :D
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
17,384
Well no worries, I'm not a seafood fan... although my wife will be sad to be sure :D
 
Guest
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
2,912
The only thing I like more than watching sea life is catching and eating it! :cool:
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
17,384
BTW, I thought bivalves were also on the banned list? Either way my wife says no way, no chance in risking the frag :D
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
17,384
Well my wife said she saw something, and I'm not about to argue with her on the matter :D
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2007
Messages
1,376
Therefore we will all have to suffer through eating some abalone instead. See you on Sunday :)

Wow, abalone! :) Right on!
Gotta work but wish I could go and hangout with JAR and his generous family. Thanks John!
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
6,636
Geneva - I thought I saw you wanted to join? but then the post was gone? We still have room if you want.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
6,636
FYI - Address and schedule will go out Friday for the tour in PM. Any questions let me know. Please make sure I have your potluck item correct on the first page.
 
Top