got ethical husbandry?

3/20/22 Frag swap volunteer thread

As always thanks to those who have volunteered to help, these events don't happen without help from others. I edited the first post to reflect where I've placed people. For those who were "non-committal" with a specific task I simply inserted you were there was space. If you'd rather do something else let me know I'll switch you around.

Still need help for frag patrol, which is basically someone to "guard" the entrance to the picking area to make sure the right people are in there and to yell at people to leave when their time is up, also a person or two that knows a little bit about corals (in general, don't need to know all the names) having someone in there in case someone has a question is always nice... plus when your picking group comes you'll be the first one in there and be able to see what is still available!!

BOD members that volunteered I didn't put you down for anything (except Josh's wife) because we just tend to fill in spaces where necessary.

While there's a 99% chance I won't be there to tell people what to do, kid's birthday camping trip weekend, plenty of BOD members to help point people in the right direction to what to do if they want to do something.

Thanks Mike. I‘ll be there and I assume I’ll be managing the event on-site in your absence since I’ve done it before and I visited Cali Kid recently with this planning in mind.

Also, we need a bunch of those foldable tables for the frags, check in desk, raffle items, etc. Usually a combination of what the site has plus a bunch Mike @sfsuphysics brings is enough but in this case we won’t have them and we need to ask volunteers to bring tables if possible. We would need the tables during setup 10:30a-11:30a.

If we don’t have people with available tables to bring we will have to look into renting them or something.

Also, we need a bunch of those foldable tables for the frags, check in desk, raffle items, etc. Usually a combination of what the site has plus a bunch Mike @sfsuphysics brings is enough but in this case we won’t have them and we need to ask volunteers to bring tables if possible. We would need the tables during setup 10:30a-11:30a.

If we don’t have people with available tables to bring we will have to look into renting them or something.
I have
1-2 / 8ft
1-2 / 4ft
I can bring.

Reactions: JVU
Hopefully can join that day. I can volunteer as photographer if there's a need (and consent?), since there was discussion last time of wishing there were more photos to document club events. I'm not pro by any means, but just a casual photography enthusiast with a decent dslr.

Hopefully can join that day. I can volunteer as photographer if there's a need (and consent?), since there was discussion last time of wishing there were more photos to document club events. I'm not pro by any means, but just a casual photography enthusiast with a decent dslr.
That would be great!

Make sure to write your name on or otherwise label tables or anything else you bring. Sometimes stuff gets moved around on the fly and we want everything to find it’s way home at the end.

In addition to the tables requested, we need members to bring a few folding chairs if anyone has them. Thanks!

Ok regarding tables/chairs people are bringing-

By rough estimation, I think we need minimum about 8 6-foot table-equivalents. 5 for the corals, 1 for check-in, 1 for freebie table, 1 for food. If we have more it will allow us to spread out more, like for the food and sitting down to eat if people want.

For chairs, I think we need minimum 5 or so. 2 for check-in, and a couple for people who want to rest their feet. More is better. There is also a small couch and a chair in the store.

So far we have offered tables:
2 from @JVU
1-2 / 8ft, 1-2 / 4ft from @DaddyHook
A few from @Srt4eric
1 from @Devon
4 6’ and some smaller from @DreadPirateRoberts
2 from @gmdcdvm
1 from @MolaMola

So we seem to have enough tables volunteered. We all know people’s plans can change last-minute so better for everyone to bring more than we need rather than fall short.

For folding chairs, we haven’t had any volunteered yet. If you can bring some please post here.

Back