Kessil

Adit's 750 xxl

Adit0

Supporting Member
quick update... the whiter spectrum is bringing out the pinks in my walt disney.

Attachments

• IMG_5426.JPG
    IMG_5426.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5429.JPG
    IMG_5429.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 83

Adit0

Supporting Member
Took a top down shot of the red dragon, pretty good growth!

Attachments

• IMG_5665.JPG
    IMG_5665.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 74

Adit0

Supporting Member
3 months of growth on my green birdsnest. 1st pic is July 28, 2nd is November 6.

Attachments

• IMG_5113.JPG
    IMG_5113.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5706.JPG
    IMG_5706.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 47

Adit0

Supporting Member
3 days later and I have this

IMG_5859.JPG

There goes half my calcium reactor fund...two part is a likely reality. I think if I use 5 gallon buckets the frequency of mixing up new solution will be pretty low, so it'll just come down to adjusting dosing as consumption changes just like a reactor.

Rostato

Supporting Member
Is there a cover for it? I though kalk can’t be exposed to air or it’s potency will deteriorate. I could be wrong but that’s the first thing that came to mind.

Adit0

Supporting Member
Is there a cover for it? I though kalk can’t be exposed to air or it’s potency will deteriorate. I could be wrong but that’s the first thing that came to mind.
nope check out http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-01/rhf/index.htm#11, there's a graph of the potency of a stagnant kalk solution in a container without a lid. It's basically unnchanged throughout the 10 days of measurement. The theory is that the calcium carbonate crust at the surface protects the rest of the solution from CO2.

Adit0

Supporting Member
Yesterday I knocked over some of my rocks and ended up moving my cali tort. Was shocked at how much it's grown. Also pictured is my orange passion which rtn'ed a few weeks ago (super sad).

IMG_6049.JPG

Adit0

Supporting Member
Took some top down shots yesterday. Radions are nearing their max intensity(I've been ramping them up for the last 80 days from 60% to 100%, reason is when my zoas started disappearing I thought PAR might be too high) and Im starting to see the colors coming out on the acros. i hope the pink on the walt disney intensifies.
IMG_6412.JPG
IMG_6413.JPG
IMG_6414.JPG
IMG_6415.JPG
IMG_6418.JPG