Jestersix

Adit's 750 xxl

quick update... the whiter spectrum is bringing out the pinks in my walt disney.

Attachments

• IMG_5426.JPG
    IMG_5426.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_5429.JPG
    IMG_5429.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 249
3 months of growth on my green birdsnest. 1st pic is July 28, 2nd is November 6.

Attachments

• IMG_5113.JPG
    IMG_5113.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_5706.JPG
    IMG_5706.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 217
3 days later and I have this

IMG_5859.JPG

There goes half my calcium reactor fund...two part is a likely reality. I think if I use 5 gallon buckets the frequency of mixing up new solution will be pretty low, so it'll just come down to adjusting dosing as consumption changes just like a reactor.

Is there a cover for it? I though kalk can’t be exposed to air or it’s potency will deteriorate. I could be wrong but that’s the first thing that came to mind.

Is there a cover for it? I though kalk can’t be exposed to air or it’s potency will deteriorate. I could be wrong but that’s the first thing that came to mind.
nope check out http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-01/rhf/index.htm#11, there's a graph of the potency of a stagnant kalk solution in a container without a lid. It's basically unnchanged throughout the 10 days of measurement. The theory is that the calcium carbonate crust at the surface protects the rest of the solution from CO2.

Yesterday I knocked over some of my rocks and ended up moving my cali tort. Was shocked at how much it's grown. Also pictured is my orange passion which rtn'ed a few weeks ago (super sad).

IMG_6049.JPG

Took some top down shots yesterday. Radions are nearing their max intensity(I've been ramping them up for the last 80 days from 60% to 100%, reason is when my zoas started disappearing I thought PAR might be too high) and Im starting to see the colors coming out on the acros. i hope the pink on the walt disney intensifies.
IMG_6412.JPG
IMG_6413.JPG
IMG_6414.JPG
IMG_6415.JPG
IMG_6418.JPG

Back