Our mission

Anna & Pablo’s RSR P650

Any glass shop can order you a pane. And either you can replace it or someone familiar with glass can. I can do it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how RSR tanks are made, but just remember old silicone doesn't bond to new silicone, there's probably going to be two little sections where the new glass siliconed to the old glass where old and new silicone are in contact.

This is also the long pane of glass isn't it? I'm not sure a repair would be worth wild.

I'm not sure how RSR tanks are made, but just remember old silicone doesn't bond to new silicone, there's probably going to be two little sections where the new glass siliconed to the old glass where old and new silicone are in contact.

This is also the long pane of glass isn't it? I'm not sure a repair would be worth wild.

I’ve read some threads in the forums where people just replace the one piece of glass, new silicone and done! Images showed the finished work and no leaks.
Is my understanding that all the glass pieces have to be taken apart, cleaned of all the silicone and put it back together.
My first attempt at re-doing a glass frag tank ended in cracking one glass piece.
Have a RSR250 that I picked up in Discovery Bay with the back glass already removed. Has been on the work bench for a while and I’m gonna try this time just placing the new piece of glass then test it for leaks, but for a guy who’s dry in the hobby, I don’t mind the time it’ll take to be accomplished.
RSR are made the same way but they feature a black plastic piece bonded on top of the silicone.

Well the P650 looks to be very close to a 4' x 2' foot print. There is a very common size for a 120g tank. So if you're patient you might get something that fits the stand nicely.

Edit: scratch that, I was looking at the P500 specs, 63" x 25" is a bit different. There are 5' long tanks out there but it's not terribly standard. You could possibly go with a 6' x 2' footprint tank (that can get upwards of 180gallons for 6x2x2) and simply build out your stand about a foot or so. I mean I wouldn't completely discount what you already have unless you're planning on recouping some of the cost of the new tank from the stand.

We rebooted with a replacement P650 which arrived Monday. Using an electric stair climbing dolly we got it into the room. Then, we used a material lift to raise it to the same level as the stand. Tuesday was spent mixing, filling, leveling and plumbing. Today, I plumbed the return pump and started heating the water.

Didn’t crack the tank once!

abeb91a40dfa9b6f62157f799281b7f8.mov

ccd783dc4c347cf6c17b257d03f803c3.mov

Back