Reef nutrition

Anna & Pablo’s RSR P650

Took PAR readings today and I'm very pleased - no need to fiddle with the lights anymore.

PAR.png

Looks good hopefully it's easy access

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It’s a bit tight, but manageable. I’m thinking of drilling a hole in each container so I can refill them without moving them. Although it’s easy to disconnect the fitting to take them out. But, with 4 liters, the additives should last for months.

The annex is almost done. It just needs a top and some hooks for hanging stuff.

The DI system fit like a glove in that spot and I added a shutoff valve.

With the funnels, I can refill the dosing containers without moving them.

I’m also trying out a silicone tube for the DOS output. Only using one pump for now since I still have a lot of All For Reef left. When I run out, I’ll switch to 2 part.

cb4977697a749302b789c28800ba7041.jpg

Yup just wanted to make sure, you are the guy I was thinking. Young tank, you feed alot, heavy bio load...I think its diatom.
What's your po4 and no3 again?
The cyano can be treated if its caused due to sever imbalance in the NP
Do you use RODI?

Nitrate 25, Phosphate 0.1. Yes to RODI.

Here’s a picture of the current bloom. I vacuumed everything out 5 days ago.

You can see cyano on the left, and what looks like diatoms elsewhere. Tank is 3 months old.

fe57398a4c959250748f196a282f7796.mov

I predict if you bring down your po4 tiny bit and no3 to the 5 to 10 range cyano will reduce
Also once you tank mature(diatom turn in to green algae) things will get better even with cyano.
Worst case we can deal with the cyano later using chemichal since your tank is not coral sensitive but not now
What's your filtration like?
Carbon?
Gfo?

No carbon, no GFO. Filter socks. Big clump of Chaeto growing well. Skimmer and 57W UV running 24/7. Nitrate has been at 25 and Phosphate at 0.1 for two months.

No carbon, no GFO. Filter socks. Big clump of Chaeto growing well. Skimmer and 57W UV running 24/7. Nitrate has been at 25 and Phosphate at 0.1 for two months.
Add activated carbon on a reactor man. At this rate with your feeding and bio load am suprised it's not worst.
Carbon will help you.
Then you can use rowphos passive in a bag in a high flow area in your sump and test po4 every 2 days just to see how quick it work on your tank, if po4 dropped below 0.05 remove the rowphse. This will both reduce your silica and your po4 a bit.

Back