Jestersix

Anna & Pablo’s RSR P650

Added a GIANT piece of Red Dragon, a Cali Tort and an Acid Trip Milli from @Rostato today.

Also an unknown, small orange/green Milli and a Jack-O-Lantern Lepto from Neptune. The one I had in my 55g didn’t live long and I want redemption!

A weird thing is happening: my filter socks are not getting dirty. They used to build up brown gunk that would completely restrict flow in 3 to 4 days. Now, I've gone almost a month without cleaning them and they are just fine. My nutrients have gotten lower as well, not sure if that's related. Any thoughts?

Interesting, is the water somehow bypassing the filters? maybe as the tank is maturing you have more denitrifying bacteria in the sand bed and it’s helping with nutrient control? Im curious what others think

I’ve been feeding more lately since my Phosphates got close to zero. The skimmer is pulling less, it seems. It’s drier.

I did remove the micro bubble catching sponge that sat between the skimmer and return sections a month ago. I was not cleaning it often enough.

Had a long pickup day today.

First stop was at AC where I got two conches and 8 bumble bee snails in hopes they outwit my Tusk and eat some vermetids. Also got a small Stylocoeniella frag that went on my overflow.

Next was @tankguy for the long tentacle plate coral. He has a gorgeous tank with some really happy wrasses.

Third stop was @Twisted for an amazing, huge pipe organ.

Finally I stopped at @Srt4eric for an awesome DBTC Meteor Shower Cyphastrea frag.

I also picked up a fish but unfortunately he didn’t survive the trip.

Great growth on these two BC Millies. I don’t know whether to feel proud or lucky.

f854a9af7cc5fd664ada295a4c05c394.jpg

27391328962d9dc9f1969cc439cd7ef9.jpg

I’m facing a similar issue with light spill in the room and also have lights hanging like this. I’ve been deciding between something that is light weight that attaches to the hanging lights, or something attached to the wall. What do you think you would do?

I think if I did one attached to the wall I would redo the lights to be attached to that and not hang. But that feels wasteful to give up on the hanging setup, it’s pushing me to find a lightweight solution that I can attach to the hanging light. I might just do a veneered plywood but am concerned about water
908F700B-3161-4322-9F65-881ECDEE1EDE.jpeg

I’m facing a similar issue with light spill in the room and also have lights hanging like this. I’ve been deciding between something that is light weight that attaches to the hanging lights, or something attached to the wall. What do you think you would do?

I think if I did one attached to the wall I would redo the lights to be attached to that and not hang. But that feels wasteful to give up on the hanging setup, it’s pushing me to find a lightweight solution that I can attach to the hanging light. I might just do a veneered plywood but am concerned about water
View attachment 20991

Yup, been having the exact same thoughts. I was thinking about some kind of white PVC sheet just for the front.

Back