Cali Kid Corals

Anna & Pablo’s RSR P650

F0DFED3C-B31F-43B3-80C7-3CBEDD816611.jpeg

MEN on the glass :(

Last edited:
5DA6E0E9-3835-451A-991C-AC1635204317.jpeg

The purple pencil wrasse came out to eat today. Pictures don’t do it justice, it’s such a beautiful fish. Few things are more rewarding in reefing than seeing a newly introduced fish go from a shivering, fearful mess in the corner to a part of the community.

Both Pencil Wrasses have been out of the sand all day today. They ate frozen food and are picking at the rocks, as they should. The Brunneus has been cautiously venturing out of his hiding spot and eating. The Christmas Wrasse is MIA. Not counting her, I have 8 happy wrasses in the tank!

BADB2174-3A99-4D51-93A3-55379A7DB122.jpeg

The Brunneus came out to eat today. She’s been bolder and her colors are starting to darken. The orange stripe pencil wrasse likes to hang out with her and I firmly believe that is one of the reasons she’s more courageous.

Last edited:
I’ve been a bad reefer. The MEN distracted me from a slow crash and then I went on vacation (after adding a bunch of wrasses). A lot of coral is dead or dying including some softies. My entire green birds nest colony is dead. The only silver lining is that the fish are all happy.

I don’t know the cause, but I will start with water changes and fixing the issues I know about - like depleted DI resin. I’m going to pivot away from SPS once things are healthy again and simplify my tank.

I’ve been a bad reefer. The MEN distracted me from a slow crash and then I went on vacation (after adding a bunch of wrasses). A lot of coral is dead or dying including some softies. My entire green birds nest colony is dead. The only silver lining is that the fish are all happy.

I don’t know the cause, but I will start with water changes and fixing the issues I know about - like depleted DI resin. I’m going to pivot away from SPS once things are healthy again and simplify my tank.
That sucks that you're losing stuff but at least you know why and how to fix it.

Back