Welcome to BAR - the Bay Area's premier saltwater hobbyists hub!

Arin's Reefer-S 850 Build

Guest
Joined
Aug 8, 2016
Messages
1,611
IMHO
That sump looks so complicated with no room to work
I'm not sure if this is sarcastic or not. If not, what about it looks complicated and no room? It looks like it's wide open, with a return chamber. Even has a wide open second area in the next compartment. Tons of room for additional equipment if needed.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
8,546
Just looked cramped from here...
I have old systems with much less...
As long as you’re happy...it’s yours!
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2019
Messages
775
image.jpg


Let there be sand!
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2021
Messages
3,509
Think about no sand, I have heard a few podcasters lately talk about the sand bed being something that makes the tank harder to manage long term. That being said, if you want to look at sand, put the sand in :)
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2019
Messages
775
Think about no sand, I have heard a few podcasters lately talk about the sand bed being something that makes the tank harder to manage long term. That being said, if you want to look at sand, put the sand in :)
I thought about it a lot. I just really like the look of the sand. Plus sand sifting gobies are some of my favorite fish. I really want a pair of Bella gobies
 
Guest
Joined
Jan 17, 2022
Messages
1,103
I thought about it a lot. I just really like the look of the sand. Plus sand sifting gobies are some of my favorite fish. I really want a pair of Bella gobies
Team sand! It might be a nightmare but it's ascetically pleasing and a key habitat.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2019
Messages
775
alrighty… swung by Neptune today and got a 40mm coupler and got the main part of the plumbing for the ReefMat done.

image.jpg


Gonna let the glue cure before finishing it up later tonight or tomorrow.

Had a friendly chat with (whom I believe was) @robert4025 & my daughter forced me to buy a couple Gonis too.

So far it’s been a nice Mother’s Day lol
 
Neptune Aquatics
LFS Owner
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
2,474
alrighty… swung by Neptune today and got a 40mm coupler and got the main part of the plumbing for the ReefMat done.

View attachment 38041

Gonna let the glue cure before finishing it up later tonight or tomorrow.

Had a friendly chat with (whom I believe was) @robert4025 & my daughter forced me to buy a couple Gonis too.

So far it’s been a nice Mother’s Day lol
Thank you for visiting the shop today!
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2019
Messages
775
Looks great. Have you considered a couple gyres along the bottom to help the mp's? I have one that I blow directly into my rockwork and it help a lot with settled detritus.
yup! =) Definitely on the radar!

Where are your Gyres placed? I was thinking I'd just put them on the sides (like normal).
...and which kind do you prefer? I have 2 of the smaller Red Sea ones but I don't think they'll be big enough (magnets might not hold either) so I'll need to get new ones but not sure which brand
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2019
Messages
775
yup! =) Definitely on the radar!

Where are your Gyres placed? I was thinking I'd just put them on the sides (like normal).
...and which kind do you prefer? I have 2 of the smaller Red Sea ones but I don't think they'll be big enough (magnets might not hold either) so I'll need to get new ones but not sure which brand
I also have 2 Neptune WAVs which I've considered using as well but I might actually put those in the salt mixing bin for my AWC.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2021
Messages
3,509
Maxspect pro is one controller for 2 pumps, and you can add more durable hardware after the 1st set wears out.

Red sea is more durable but each pump has its own controller.

I have one on each side vertical and one down low horizontal. Then 2 more amiable ones all on my back wall.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2019
Messages
775
Maxspect pro is one controller for 2 pumps, and you can add more durable hardware after the 1st set wears out.

Red sea is more durable but each pump has its own controller.

I have one on each side vertical and one down low horizontal. Then 2 more amiable ones all on my back wall.
Less controllers sounds awesome. I’ll check those out. Thanks!
 
Top