Jestersix

Arin's Reefer-S 850 Build

image.jpg

Let there be sand!

Think about no sand, I have heard a few podcasters lately talk about the sand bed being something that makes the tank harder to manage long term. That being said, if you want to look at sand, put the sand in :)
I thought about it a lot. I just really like the look of the sand. Plus sand sifting gobies are some of my favorite fish. I really want a pair of Bella gobies

alrighty… swung by Neptune today and got a 40mm coupler and got the main part of the plumbing for the ReefMat done.

image.jpg

Gonna let the glue cure before finishing it up later tonight or tomorrow.

Had a friendly chat with (whom I believe was) @robert4025 & my daughter forced me to buy a couple Gonis too.

So far it’s been a nice Mother’s Day lol

alrighty… swung by Neptune today and got a 40mm coupler and got the main part of the plumbing for the ReefMat done.

View attachment 38041

Gonna let the glue cure before finishing it up later tonight or tomorrow.

Had a friendly chat with (whom I believe was) @robert4025 & my daughter forced me to buy a couple Gonis too.

So far it’s been a nice Mother’s Day lol
Thank you for visiting the shop today!

Looks great. Have you considered a couple gyres along the bottom to help the mp's? I have one that I blow directly into my rockwork and it help a lot with settled detritus.

Looks great. Have you considered a couple gyres along the bottom to help the mp's? I have one that I blow directly into my rockwork and it help a lot with settled detritus.
yup! =) Definitely on the radar!

Where are your Gyres placed? I was thinking I'd just put them on the sides (like normal).
...and which kind do you prefer? I have 2 of the smaller Red Sea ones but I don't think they'll be big enough (magnets might not hold either) so I'll need to get new ones but not sure which brand

yup! =) Definitely on the radar!

Where are your Gyres placed? I was thinking I'd just put them on the sides (like normal).
...and which kind do you prefer? I have 2 of the smaller Red Sea ones but I don't think they'll be big enough (magnets might not hold either) so I'll need to get new ones but not sure which brand
I also have 2 Neptune WAVs which I've considered using as well but I might actually put those in the salt mixing bin for my AWC.

Maxspect pro is one controller for 2 pumps, and you can add more durable hardware after the 1st set wears out.

Red sea is more durable but each pump has its own controller.

I have one on each side vertical and one down low horizontal. Then 2 more amiable ones all on my back wall.

Maxspect pro is one controller for 2 pumps, and you can add more durable hardware after the 1st set wears out.

Red sea is more durable but each pump has its own controller.

I have one on each side vertical and one down low horizontal. Then 2 more amiable ones all on my back wall.
Less controllers sounds awesome. I’ll check those out. Thanks!

Back