Reef nutrition

Arnold's 120 Gallon Tank - added tank progression shots and video from over the years

which one? the one in the zero edge or the aussie one in the 120at home.....its getting big. I have never fraged one before Perry....have you? Also remember I don't have alot of fraging tools, only the bone shears. I will think about it.

This one right here. How do you distinquish between aussie and indo?

D2X_2806.jpg

Well as most know of you know I had a tank crash from a power outage.

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=5077.0

Ok update for my log - new pic from March 2009 SF tank tour.

FTS
D2X_4929_small.jpg

the rest of the shot here - thanks to Eric for the pics.

http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/6581

Just for fun I found some old pics of my tank...

A 2 year old pic of the tank that Mike took on the first SF Tank Tour - what a difference March 2006

mini-DSC_0038.jpg

My picture from Jan 2007 - I still have most of these fish and corals :) - this is when I noticed my skimmer wasn't running anymore.

59_05_01_07_8_27_29.jpg

Images from Art from 2nd tank tour 3-7-07 ( no full tank shot - but you can see how small my gigas were and how empty the tank is : )

Image from Art - september 2007

1415705897_a0e3152827_o.jpg

Ok updated shots from the SF tank tour 5/4/08 - thanks to Eric for the pictures.

FTS
D2X_2771.jpg

The rest of the pics on this thread.

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=3670.0

OK - I guess I haven't updated my tank thread in a long while.....even though I come to meetings.

After the Rapid LED meeting I decide to try to change from MH to LED and I bought 2 of there Onyx Fixtures. It was about time to change the bulbs and that would have cost me about $200 anyways so I decided to try the LEDs out. I just installed them today Feb 1, 2013. I want to see how the corals and clams do for the next months and to gauge how much power cost/savings. I usually pay about $100 to $120 a month on power for my place.

I used to run 2 x 250w MH Plus 2 x 39w T5HO. Plus some reefbrite strips for a little extra light at the front of the tank. I left the reefbrites there and added 2 ONYX fixtures ( 60 degrees). The tank looks alittle darker since I don't get a s much spread on the lights but it does look ok to me for now. Wish me luck.

Click to enlarge the pic.

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/P1010266.JPG

Looks good! Don't be fooled by the "doesn't look as bright" impression. LEDs won't look as bright even though there can be about the same PAR as mh

Thanks Mike and John. So far so good.

John if you want to check it out come by anytime. LMK. I think I finally got rid of those AEFW so I am now just starting to add some SPS back in slowly.

Alright Arnold! Yeah if replacing bulb cost me $200 a pop, going over to these would be a no brainer, I'll make the move just a little more slowly.

One thing you should keep an eye on is the heat, I thought you didn't keep any heaters, but without halides over the tank you might find temperatures dropping considerably (unless you keep your place at 80°F :)

It's one of the few things people don't take into account when figuring how much energy they'll save.

update looks like the electric bill has come down about $25. My last bill is now only $75 for power. Lets see if it comes down more.

Back