Cali Kid Corals

BAR Regional Frag Swap - February 10, 2007

How can 'spirit of the swap' turn into "give more then you recieve". That's some Harry Potter magic, isn;t it :D

You guys are killing me here :lol: First you don't give me the :lol: code to work with, then you try to tell me different things. I all ready bought that damn bridge and "beach front" property in CO, guess I could buy into this :)

Hehe... if everybody gave more than they received, there'd be a hecka lot of frags left on the tables :D

The swap tends to bring out lots of generous folks. Hoping to see more of the same this year!

if everybody gave more than they received, there'd be a hecka lot of frags left on the tables

Recalling last time there were quite a few Kenya trees and the like left, we really had to twist some arms to get people to take them :)

Now that's a memery I have :) IIRC, some one even tried to put one in my cooler :)

Are you trying to wow me with tales of spinning thread into gold? :D

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=1555.msg14409#msg14409 date=1168323897]
Well, you guys gotta talk to Phong. Apparently, he magically turns kenya tree into trachyphyllia :D
[/quote]

;D
Believe it or not - the guy called me today and asked for more :eek: .. I think I'm gonna clean up the tank and reload at the swap LOL ...

Anyone interested in Orange Montiopra Digitata? Mine's been taking off since I change my lights and my anemone is starting to attack part of it so it need to be trimmed. If not I'll put it in DBTC.

What all are people bringing to the swap?

I'll bring:

Cali tort
Blue insignis
Electric green seriatopora
Idaho grape
Leng Sy cap
Tyree sky blue mille
Purple polyp Rice Coral
Orange Green digi
Green nepthea
Pulsing sinularia
other stuff I can't think of right now...

Plus some stuff from here:
DSCN1470.jpg

Is that an updated pic of your softie growing tank? Or is that simply your paly grow out rack?? :D

I'll snip some pictures later if I have the time, of what I'm bringing.

Off the top of my head
Ultra-grow Acropora Micropthalma (sure it's not that pretty, but a great beginner SPS coral)
Pocillipora Damacornis aka The Survivor Coral
Acropora Millipora frags, unsure what colors I have, but there will be some blue ones, maybe some pink too.
Acropora Nana
Orange Digitata
Purple w/ brown polyps digitata
and depending upon my ability to remove from rock (which at this point doesn't look too good
softies that include red frilly mushrooms, green mushrooms, and going to give my colt coral a crew cut as the base of it is about as large around as my thigh. It's literally taking up one side of the tank.

Pics later.

Was thinking of bringing a few frag of my Bennett Tort, but it's such a slow grower don't know if I want to touch it, maybe if it'd be considered rare (but I doubt it). And maybe some other assorted goodies like a few acan lord morphs, but again depends upon my ability to remove and frag, which isn't looking good now.

Fred is still alive and kicking, he hasn't grown terribly much, but man does his polyps extend, found a little sweet spot for my powerheads in my softie tank that has them swaying back and forth like tall grass in a stong breeze, way cool. As to whether or not I'll bring a fred clone, only upon special request :)

Idaho Grape frags
Tan blue polyp cap
orange cap
Tyree ponape birdnest
BAR workshop green purple rim cap
Montipora nodosa
red postrata
Bali stag
Steve elias stag
Favia
Red chalice
Acan lords
Zoos
Tan paly's
LE insignis got small frag at last BAR swap 1/2"
other stuff

I bring the stuff Dave wants : )

Good softies since my sps aren't going so fast. I think you are right Norm, my 6 clams are sucking everything up. Hopefully my calcium reactor will fix things now. Softies grow great in my tank and my LPS as well.

Your tanks are much better than mine. ( Dudley I want to see a pic of your tank please)

probably some..
red zoos
orange zoos
Maybe 1 small neon toadstool ( for Rich to trade for something)
orange ric ( if I can get them off my rock - my rics grow well)
blue ric
Purple mushrooms
Frags of my huge yellow/blueish sinularia sp?
xenia/kenya/ other mushrooms
Anthellia ( unless Darcy come gets it first )

Back