Kessil

Blue Polyp Birds Nest

Qwiv

Supporting Member
web.jpg

(2) Blue Polyp Birds Nest.
This is very similar to the bright aqua green/blue polyp frags you see at Dolphin/Atlantis, but this is a different color. The polyps are much bluer.
The picture doesn't do it justice as I have the coral in the back of the tank, but under brighter lights it really colors up. I'll put the frags under the lights and take a pic later.
I got there from (Matt) Reefready I think.

Standard DBTC rules.
3 frags back into the mix.

PS. Dumb urchin knocked over my regular blue/green one and I lost it. Looking for a frag again.

alve and patchin
Your in.
PM me your google info so can add you to the google doc.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p0Pcu320BA8ajzbJ__ao-WQ

What type of lighting do you keep it under? I got a piece of Rich's "Bitchin' green birds nest" which looked similar, and the green was fantastic, however after a couple months the green eventually went away. :( And now it's a Burntout Brown Birdsnest

The more light you give it, the brighter it gets. My colony is in a dark place in the tank. Under center brace in the back of the tank. 250 MH each side.

When I got my DBTC green birdsnest (not from this chain) it bleached out white that day. I think it was from the temp change from sitting so long out of a tank at the fragswap. It has since colored up a fair bit..and by color, I mean brown :p I occasionally see hints of green that fade back to white tips over a week or so. It wants to be green but doesn't know how.

Remember, this one is a blue color, not the bright green. Everyone I have traded it with who have lights that can keep SPS colored up have been able to keep this coral nice.

Back