Cali Kid Corals

Co2 refill

Damn all this talk of CO2 making me start to think calcium reactor considering I'm dosing about 2.5 gallons of kalkwasser a day, although that's a major investment in money maybe I'll just break out some buckets and do 2 part dosing.

2.5g of kalk a day? Damn that’s like pouring 2 jugs of milk into your tank daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do it..do it.
CArx are awesome :))
Should I get DaStaCo or the Deltec one? :) Seriously it's fun spending someone else's money :D

But yeah, cheapest thing is the CO2 tank, slap a regulator on that $$, then a feed pump $$$, oh yeah don't forget the calcium reactor itself $$$, I don't have an Apex either so need to have some controller as a failsafe $$$.

Should I get DaStaCo or the Deltec one? :) Seriously it's fun spending someone else's money :D

But yeah, cheapest thing is the CO2 tank, slap a regulator on that $$, then a feed pump $$$, oh yeah don't forget the calcium reactor itself $$$, I don't have an Apex either so need to have some controller as a failsafe $$$.
Lol. Right?!. Ever seen this site

Ofcourse carx is not a must and high initial investment. I think there are some cheaper options and good out there.
You do not need an apex, a good carx is safer than you would think...
you can pair the reactor with a stand alone kh tester like khg or khd..thatd another $450 to $550 thu..

Ofcourse carx is not a must and high initial investment. I think there are some cheaper options and good out there.
You do not need an apex, a good carx is safer than you would think...
you can pair the reactor with a stand alone kh tester like khg or khd..thatd another $450 to $550 thu..
Yeah I know it doesn't HAVE to be a high initial investment but being as my lagoon is in the 300g range I can't exactly go with a tiny setup otherwise I'll be investing more down the road, so unless I find a dirt cheap setup it will be a bit of a high initial invest (and that's even without going to the fancy Deltec Twin Tech setup :D).

And I know you don't need an Apex, but some sort of pH controller would probably be recommended as a fail safe in case the tank pH gets too low which is where I'm thinking. I don't think a KHG would be terribly effective as a safety net though, absolutely great for making sure things are dialed in but being as it doesn't continuously test your kH there'd be too big of a window where disaster can happen.

Yeah I know it doesn't HAVE to be a high initial investment but being as my lagoon is in the 300g range I can't exactly go with a tiny setup otherwise I'll be investing more down the road, so unless I find a dirt cheap setup it will be a bit of a high initial invest (and that's even without going to the fancy Deltec Twin Tech setup :D).

And I know you don't need an Apex, but some sort of pH controller would probably be recommended as a fail safe in case the tank pH gets too low which is where I'm thinking. I don't think a KHG would be terribly effective as a safety net though, absolutely great for making sure things are dialed in but being as it doesn't continuously test your kH there'd be too big of a window where disaster can happen.
Curious to know what disasters can CArx can cause? Especially in a less than 2 hour window?
I actually believe kh tester will be very effective. I cannot think of a disastear scenario that the kh tester would not catch it on time and shut off the reactor. Granted you need some sort of controller with to shut off with it, except in case of khg since there is a khg CArx module that do the control for you without a controller.

Last edited:
Well the biggest what if is if the CO2 uncontrollably floods the reactor, granted it may be far fetched but I'm guessing CO2 could drop the reactor quite a bit. Now that I think of it though you'd also need to have a dosing mishap as well uncontrollably dumping reactor juice into the tank. So yeah, it's pretty much not going to happen... but it could! :D

Well the biggest what if is if the CO2 uncontrollably floods the reactor, granted it may be far fetched but I'm guessing CO2 could drop the reactor quite a bit. Now that I think of it though you'd also need to have a dosing mishap as well uncontrollably dumping reactor juice into the tank. So yeah, it's pretty much not going to happen... but it could! :D
Yup, while these are corner cases, but it does show the importance of having a way to control either the co2 solenoid or the reactor main power.
Both can be done through a controller or stand alone CArx modules controllers
Thanks for sharing.

Just use 2 part

Back