got ethical husbandry?

Copper pipe to RODI system suggestion

kinetic

Supporting Member
I’m in the middle of my home remodel, walls are wide open right now, and I’m setting up the RODI system. What is the absolute best way to connect my RODI to the copper pipe plumbing?

I usually use the saddle valve, but I can literally plumb anything right now. Walls wide open and contractors are well paid (over paid) to plumb this in anyway needed.

Any suggestions?

I don't know if this is the best best, but I would just have them add a shut off valve to the existing copper pipe. Similar to what you'd find underneath a sink that hooks up to the faucet which is typically 3/8 NPT. Then add a 3/8 to 1/4 compression fitting so you can hook up the plastic 1/4 RODI line directly to the valve. This is essentially how I have my RODI setup which is underneath a bathroom sink cabinet.

1713989448962.png
1713989473939.png

I don't know if this is the best best, but I would just have them add a shut off valve to the existing copper pipe. Similar to what you'd find underneath a sink that hooks up to the faucet which is typically 3/8 NPT. Then add a 3/8 to 1/4 compression fitting so you can hook up the plastic 1/4 RODI line directly to the valve. This is essentially how I have my RODI setup which is underneath a bathroom sink cabinet.

View attachment 55279 View attachment 55280

This looks promising.

Will the RO tubing fit snugly in that fitting?

View attachment 55279 View attachment 55280

alright, I ordered these. I'll see if it works with the contractors, otherwise it'll be easy to return.

Thank you!

Yeah that's not bad, I just want to know what pieces those are. That one looks kind of complicated, like there's two fittings.

It should - I went this route for a similar situation. Reality is that despite our best efforts, odds of running the RO tubing elsewhere once the remodel is done and things are set is higher than zero :)

One reason why I like the hose bib is that I do not leave on my water all the time. It's very easy to turn on and off.

I plumbed mine a few years ago from the cold water intake for our water heater. Installed a shut off valve into a "T". One going into the water heater and the second with a connection to the RODI tubing.
Screenshot_20240425-092442.png

One reason why I like the hose bib is that I do not leave on my water all the time. It's very easy to turn on and off.
Yea thinking about it, hose bib seems like a good idea if you're starting from scratch. Less permanent solution that the way I suggested

I plumbed mine a few years ago from the cold water intake for our water heater. Installed a shut off valve into a "T". One going into the water heater and the second with a connection to the RODI tubing.View attachment 55355
That's a great idea. It would some issues I have around figuring out where to properly put my RODI unit. I could stick it in otherwise dead space by the water heater.

That's a great idea. It would some issues I have around figuring out where to properly put my RODI unit. I could stick it in otherwise dead space by the water heater.
I have the until attached to the outside wall and route the waste water out the PVC drain pipe for the water heater into a brute trash can for use on the plants
Screenshot_20240425-201506.png

Where are you hooking up the RODI garage/ laundry room? Utility sink in the garage for cleaning keeps the other half very happy! keeping all the fish crap in their plus can tap into the plumbing and utilize the drain!

Back