Kessil

Custom Tank Cover / Lids - Wrasse ready - Recommendations and Lessons Learned

Black bar issue seems :shrug:, not a huge deal, and assuming it was implicit or explicit in the communications I can see them saying that's not on them and your call.

Bowing already is on them. They screwed up. Fine'ish because they are learning, but faulty product and I'd expect them to fix it or if really not supportive seems like something a credit card company would deal with.

Unless the ask for that material and thickness was from you, then it's gray area again.

I'm truly sorry for the unfortunate situation I feel bad for making the suggestion. I'm confident that if you contact him and express your concerns he seems to be a person who would rectify the situation and provide a better product. He might perceive this as a trial run at developing a larger tank lid.
I am sorry for not making clear upfront that this is not at all linked to you (!). It was clear that acrylic could have some issues, and I believe I stated this somewhere up here that I was willing to take the risk, and I had also chatted with him about this and he was very transparent.

The black frame problem was something I should have picked up much earlier and I am not clear at all why I did not. I think it is because the lights I currently have would not be an issue but the new light I already ordered would be positioned in the middle, which is why I noticed this problem.

Since this was a popular thread, I just wanted to state this lesson learned but not to imply any disappointment with your recommendation. In fact, the lid design, cut outs etc will be the baseline for any new lid. Also, for smaller lids, I believe this is still a great option since price and speed of delivery are exceptional, the construction too, and my nano lid works very well!

I will let him know too, will provide an update here, but just wanted to provide this update since you had asked me my tank journal which reminded me that I should do that.

Last edited:
1. It already bends significantly, creating a larger opening - which contradics the main reason why I bought this. The acrylic concerns that @SupraSaltyReefer raised in this thread were undoubtedly valid. I knew that this could become an issue and was willing to take the risk, which now materialized.

View attachment 60159
Warping doesn’t look too bad if it’s only lifting from the corners. Maybe put some sort of low profile weights at the corners so it can “unwarp” and lay flush again.

Back