High Tide Aquatics

DBTC: Miyagi Tort

I have 2 frags available for the chain. I’m in Walnut Creek. I’ll be going to the CFM as well as the fragging workshop in March (details soon to be announced).

DFCDB5FA-6CC9-4EDA-B805-311F57C456AE.jpeg

I see @JGO66 has been waiting patiently since the beginning of the chain for one, has put in a few polite requests, and is near me in WC. PM me.

I’ll confess I’m a bit confused as to who else in this thread who requested earlier already got one, or is already getting one from @Rostato.

Also I want to point out that this coral is a sensitive SPS and should only be taken by someone who has a track record of success with SPS. For most of the people who put in requests I don’t know your background and tank maturity well enough to know. Also, I don’t know if there’s an easy way to see people’s tank journal, but unless you put it in your signature I don’t see how I’d find it. @Coral reefer is the DBTC coordinator, any suggestions?

I see @JGO66 has been waiting patiently since the beginning of the chain for one, has put in a few polite requests, and is near me in WC. PM me.

I’ll confess I’m a bit confused as to who else in this thread who requested earlier already got one, or is already getting one from @Rostato.

Also I want to point out that this coral is a sensitive SPS and should only be taken by someone who has a track record of success with SPS. For most of the people who put in requests I don’t know your background and tank maturity well enough to know. Also, I don’t know if there’s an easy way to see people’s tank journal, but unless you put it in your signature I don’t see how I’d find it. @Coral reefer is the DBTC coordinator, any suggestions?
No worries on my end, I take my request back and gladly will wait for future frags. Am the new guy here and it's only fair:))

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I suggest people update their journals somewhat regularly. I think most of us will see their posts and get to know the tank or at least see they are active. At least that’s enough for me. I guess people could post a link to their journal with their request for a frag post.

I should still have one more after today.

And I agree this is a finicky SPS. Keeping coloration has been tough. But ones it establishes, it grows fast!

Thank you for letting me stop by @JVU for the frag! I will update shortly when polyps are out. Please add me to chain

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Reactions: JVU
No worries on my end, I take my request back and gladly will wait for future frags. Am the new guy here and it's only fair:))

Omar, my comment/question was not directed at you or anyone else in particular. There is absolutely no reason why you should withdraw your request, though I think there are some people ahead of you in the virtual line.

I don’t think most people want this to be by club seniority or other social metric, just that we want to keep the chances of success with the frags we give out in DBTC to be as high as possible. It’s hard to do that when we don’t know if the people requesting frags have experience with the type of coral in question because we haven’t seen their tank and can’t find their tank journal.

I do think it would be helpful if people gave a link to their tank journal either in their signature line (like I recently put in and lots of other people do) or in their message requesting a DBTC frag. I would go so far as making it a rule if I were making rules for DBTC, but that is up to Mike @Coral reefer.

Omar, my comment/question was not directed at you or anyone else in particular. There is absolutely no reason why you should withdraw your request, though I think there are some people ahead of you in the virtual line.

I don’t think most people want this to be by club seniority or other social metric, just that we want to keep the chances of success with the frags we give out in DBTC to be as high as possible. It’s hard to do that when we don’t know if the people requesting frags have experience with the type of coral in question because we haven’t seen their tank and can’t find their tank journal.

I do think it would be helpful if people gave a link to their tank journal either in their signature line (like I recently put in and lots of other people do) or in their message requesting a DBTC frag. I would go so far as making it a rule if I were making rules for DBTC, but that is up to Mike @Coral reefer.
Oh john I did not take it on myself nither was I offended in any way..not one tiny bit.
I just wanted to make sure I follow the rules and understand it. It just daunted me that I have not give the club to ask to be on any line. Only fair to give first, understand the rules befor I take part in line.
The one thing that stood up to me and showed what this club is about is the DBTC program brilliant...Mike and the BOD are doing the thankless jobs and I personally appreciate it whole lot.
Agreed with all your points 100%. We want to make sure people take frags tnot only to keep but to grow them as well...a coral not growing is a coral slowly dying and sps keeping is not trivial.
All good and cool..

That’s Is a rule that you can make for any threads you start for sure. How recipients are chosen is up to the thread starter (can stipulate random number generator be used for example) or Whoever is giving the frag if not stipulated by the person who started the Chain.
The rules need I often use are have a tank journal, and give updates. Sometimes I add not to Be sold. I usually choose people who I think will have success with the frag and try their best to complete their link.
This is more important for rare, expensive, slow growing corals, and chains that are new. Corals that are easier, cheaper, and grow fast for me I am much more willing to let people “take a chance with”. Like my purple stylophora for example. Anyone who wants to cut their teeth on sps can have a piece.

Back