Neptune Aquatics

DBTC: Neon green toadstool

Klems

Supporting Member
I just added Neon green toadstool to DBTC.

There are 2 frag(s) available right now.

6a65829e7eb4e299a80ab263a1813493

This thread was automatically created by BARcode

Is the pic the frag or the mother colony?
Do you know of other larger specimens?
I’m curious to see a grown out one.
Trying to figure out if I have this or not.
Thanks in advance

Is the pic the frag or the mother colony?
Do you know of other larger specimens?
I’m curious to see a grown out one.
Trying to figure out if I have this or not.
Thanks in advance
This is a picture of one of the frags I have available. The one pictured has a 4" trunk, 3-4" diameter top....the other has a thick 2" trunk with 5" diameter top.
The mother colony has about 8-9" top
PXL_20240127_043931961~2.jpg

I would like a frag of this one.

@Max Nano Justin, @Edson, have requested a frag.

This post was automatically created by BARcode
I have a frag of this I could share. It’s not from this same chain, yet It’s the same type. Let me know if any of you are intrested and available to pick up in santa clara. I would just have to start a seprate dbtc as mine has different orgins. I could give it out on the new dbtc. Let me know if anyone is intrested. I would also be willing to frag my main toadstool again if there is alot of Intrest. ( Would need 1-2 weeks to heal and attach frag rock.)

I have a frag of this I could share. It’s not from this same chain, yet It’s the same type. Let me know if any of you are intrested and available to pick up in santa clara. I would just have to start a seprate dbtc as mine has different orgins. I could give it out on the new dbtc. Let me know if anyone is intrested. I would also be willing to frag my main toadstool again if there is alot of Intrest. ( Would need 1-2 weeks to heal and attach frag rock.)
I am interested! I have not kept any leathers yet but my LPS tank is very happy

Afaik just scissors and toss in a basket of rubble. once it attaches you can glue it to things
Just don't cut it in the tank if at all possible, if you have to be sure you are running carbon

Typically fragging them you cut a circle around the top, try to keep it even so it doesn’t grow oddly. I have also cut a arch only on one side in a way that maintained the circle.

I use rubber bands to hold them to rubble. I put rubber band in the middle it will cut through the frag, thus making two frags later i cut cut the plug in half and glue the two halfs to something bigger. I like larger peices of rubble for toadstool or 3 inch tile plates to support them as they grow out. I cut the frags evenly roughly the size of frag plug in width easier to split the difference with rubber band.

Very easy to do overall. It was the first type of coral I ever fragged.

I also put the newly fragged ones in lower light causing them to strech up towards the light sooner instead of streaching out first. (Both normal light or low light works, just my method to get the stalk shooting up faster)

Last edited:
Just don't cut it in the tank if at all possible, if you have to be sure you are running carbon

Typically fragging them you cut a circle around the top, try to keep it even so it doesn’t grow oddly. I have also cut a arch only on one side in a way that maintained the circle.

I use rubber bands to hold them to rubble. I put rubber band in the middle it will cut through the frag, thus making two frags later i cut cut the plug in half and glue the two halfs to something bigger. I like larger peices of rubble for toadstool or 3 inch tile plates to support them as they grow out. I cut the frags evenly roughly the size of frag plug in width easier to split the difference with rubber band.

Very easy to do overall. It was the first type of coral I ever fragged.

I also put the newly fragged ones in lower light causing them to strech up towards the light sooner instead of streaching out first. (Both normal light or low light works, just my method to get the stalk shooting up faster)
Oh yeah 100% do outside the tank + carbon. Leathers release allelopathic compounds and especially when stressed.

Good idea on the low light.

Back