Our mission

DBTC: Sprung's Burning Bush

I made a journal update.

tribbitt said:
Tossed a couple sprigs in the back a few weeks ago, they are now fat bushes. Gave one back to the chain but still have a nice puff of this stuff.

Seems to grow very compact with high flow and has looser lacy growth in low flow

This post was automatically created by BARcode

I made a journal update.

e8fac337f454c07f66bd85e8b8ab7d7c

Edson said:
Still Hanging in there!

This post was automatically created by BARcode

Does anyone have this in a refugium or sump area and care to share pictures of how you are keeping it?

My first one was ate by something. I got another one that I've been keeping inside a mushroom cage thats doing well and growing. I'm to worried to take it out the cage and have it get eaten again.

Does anyone have this in a refugium or sump area and care to share pictures of how you are keeping it?

My first one was ate by something. I got another one that I've been keeping inside a mushroom cage thats doing well and growing. I'm to worried to take it out the cage and have it get eaten again.
I do not have fuge/sump but I can show pictures. Not sure if that will help your particular case though

I do not have fuge/sump but I can show pictures. Not sure if that will help your particular case though
Any pictures will help, I don't wanna risk loosing another frag in my display though would love some in there. So I'm entertaining the idea of a fuge section in my 65gallon tanks sump.

Any pictures will help, I don't wanna risk loosing another frag in my display though would love some in there. So I'm entertaining the idea of a fuge section in my 65gallon tanks sump.
I don’t have a pic on hand, but I have it mostly in my sump under refugium lights. It grows great and is happy, but not as pretty as under reef lights. When I take out pieces to my display or to share they look great, they just don’t pop under refug lights.

@MichaelB If you can, I recommend you do both- some in your refugium and some in your tank (if you think you have a way to keep it from getting eaten).

You can also just keep it in the cage, and see if it gets eaten as it grows out; you’ll have your answer.

I don’t have a pic on hand, but I have it mostly in my sump under refugium lights. It grows great and is happy, but not as pretty as under reef lights. When I take out pieces to my display or to share they look great, they just don’t pop under refug lights.

@MichaelB If you can, I recommend you do both- some in your refugium and some in your tank (if you think you have a way to keep it from getting eaten).

You can also just keep it in the cage, and see if it gets eaten as it grows out; you’ll have your answer.
Thanks I didn't think of that. Seems like a simple solution in hindsight.

Do you have any pump or wave maker in the fuge for it?

I grow it as if it were a very fast growing, non aggressive, non encrusting coral. Primarily to add red and as a divider between aggressive corals or to fill space.

Idk if this actually matches your tank inhabitants because i have nothing to eat it

Attachments

• IMG_3937.jpeg
    IMG_3937.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3941.jpeg
    IMG_3941.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 17
Back