Neptune Aquatics

DBTC: Sprung's Burning Bush

I grow it as if it were a very fast growing, non aggressive, non encrusting coral. Primarily to add red and as a divider between aggressive corals or to fill space.

Idk if this actually matches your tank inhabitants because i have nothing to eat it
Looks great. Interesting idea to have it as a neutral party between aggressive corals.

Looks great. Interesting idea to have it as a neutral party between aggressive corals.
I’ll be honest I’ve got no idea how effective it truly is. I just know I haven’t had any coral aggression when there is macro between them, and I don’t see the macro suffering majorly from the sting

Seems to grow fastest for me under whiter lighting vs. the pink grow spectrum. Haven't used it as a tumbling algae in a refugium which was what TSA and Collin said is ideal. Would be curious if anyone has tested different light spectra/color temps.

Seems to grow fastest for me under whiter lighting vs. the pink grow spectrum. Haven't used it as a tumbling algae in a refugium which was what TSA and Collin said is ideal. Would be curious if anyone has tested different light spectra/color temps.
I had mines in the refugium when I picked up from @JVU it was the size of a palm now it’s grown up to the size of a softball it’s getting fluffy. Currently have it in the display tank and can see that my fox and blue tang are nipping at it

I made a journal update.

02f384fe5537b3ce9781a68aaba6c3cb

MichaelB said:
Currently in my im15, starting to grow outside of the mushroom cage. I'm planning to snip some to try in another mushroom change in my other tank.

This post was automatically created by BARcode

It grows just as fast under blue as white for me, maybe a slight difference but i haven’t noticed. Red alga uptake mostly in the middle of visible light spectrum anyway

I posted a progress pic a while ago, no new pics so here it is.

2 month growth, and I did take chunky frags

IMG_3071.jpeg
IMG_3937.jpeg

You would think it’s some kind of wacky secret but it’s just glue.

Use a towel to dry a wet live rock rubble really well, add a dab of glue. Dry the underside of the macro really well, add a dot of glue, and rub it in a little with the nozzle. Press the two together, dip in sw. Bonded!

It does not seem to grow ANY kind of holdfast, but the glue holds for a while. It will probably come loose eventually, and it might just tear at the base when it gets too big and catches the current.

I highly recommend growing it glued, it has a really nice foliose growing pattern

Back