Cali Kid Corals

DBTC: Sprung's Burning Bush

I’m wondering if I should do a freshwater idea and try to go for a full carpet of this stuff. Imagine not having sand be blown around, having some ruffly movement, and nutrient export, while also looking very red!

Only thing making me hesitate is my sand corals. Where would they go?
I have an extra 10 gallon tank with a lid if you have room and would like to experiment with the idea beyond your main tank, I have a diy cover with actinic light bars I would also be willing to loan you until you found something different. I probably also have a extra heater, hob filter, and I could toss in some crush coral for the substrate if you need it. Everything except the light you could just have free and clear if you want.

Lmao I actually thought about doing it myself but I have to many tanks as it is and my wife would kill me if I set up one more.

I see you grow this very well, something you may have to watch out for is growing it extremely well and risking bottoming out your main tank. A set up like this just for alage you could throw in the garage or in a closet or if you wanna go all in there are ways you could possible make it into a display refugium connected to your main tank.

I have an extra 10 gallon tank with a lid if you have room and would like to experiment with the idea beyond your main tank, I have a diy cover with actinic light bars I would also be willing to loan you until you found something different. I probably also have a extra heater, hob filter, and I could toss in some crush coral for the substrate if you need it. Everything except the light you could just have free and clear if you want.

Lmao I actually thought about doing it myself but I have to many tanks as it is and my wife would kill me if I set up one more.

I see you grow this very well, something you may have to watch out for is growing it extremely well and risking bottoming out your main tank. A set up like this just for alage you could throw in the garage or in a closet or if you wanna go all in there are ways you could possible make it into a display refugium connected to your main tank.
You know, I have a tiny ten gallon beneath my freshwater tank for the macro. It’s gotten quite gross and slimy because there’s no fish and so I feel less obligation to keep it spotless.

Nitrate in main tank @ 50ppm, phosphates 0.05ppm.

Nothing has browned out and acros are growing quite well, but obviously I would like to bring nitrate to around 10-20 lol.

Kind of hesitant to start phosphate dosing, might just feed more reef roids and add more macro at the same time to bring up phosphate and bring all of it back down with macro.

Using chaetogro liberally at this point

Back