Neptune Aquatics

DBTC: Sprung's Burning Bush

Can you officially trade it to me so I can link it to others? I have been giving away a few.
Looks like you already have it in BARcode
Yep, given to you in BARCode back in January, so you should be able to tell BARCode who you gave some to as well

More seeking thoughts or ideas, currently using a mushroom box to keep it from being eaten. I would like something bigger or something I can prehaps have on aquarium glass somewhere in display to grow it out more and not have it eaten.

What ever it is would need to have holes for light/flow to penetrate. Yet the holes couldn't be big enough to let snails it. Last hope is something 2-3 times the size of a mushroom cage. If it was clear that would be even better for light and to be able to actually see this lovely macro alage. I would prefer something that wouldn't be a eyesore.

I could also possible play with some acrylic sheets from tap plastic's scap bin yet not really sure what would or wouldn't work for a design.

Any thoughts, Ideas, or links would be helpful.

Last edited:
More seeking thoughts or ideas, currently using a mushroom box to keep it from being eaten. I would like something bigger or something I can prehaps have on aquarium glass somewhere in display to grow it out more and not have it eaten.

What ever it is would need to have holes for light/flow to penetrate. Yet the holes couldn't be big enough to let snails it. Last hope is something 2-3 times the sizs of
a mushroom cage. If it was clear that would be even better for light and to be able to actually see this lovely macro alage. I would prefer something that wouldn't be a eyesore.

I could also possible play with some acrylic sheets from tap plastic's scap bin yet not really sure what would or wouldn't work for a design.

Any thoughts, Ideas, or links would be helpful.
There was a fantastic acrylic box company at the January CFM. Anyone remember their name?

Thanks for the recommendations. It’s given me a possible design to aim for.

Yes I think it was, they had some of their products there for last CFM. They were not present and the guy over CFM was selling it for them. I do recall that they were there in person at the one back in January and had a lot more products.

I forgot about them. I saw this on there site which I think would be easier to make with scrap acrylic. Than cut or drill several slots or holes into it. I would only need to find a reef safe magnet to mount it.

I could probably make a few of with acrylic scraps for the price of one of these. I know the pnw custom ones would no doubt be better quality than anything i could make myself. There is no way
I could afford the 3-4 of these I would like for my different tanks.

However I wouldn't trust my limited abilities if it was meant to be something 100% water tight like a tank or ato reservoir lmao .

Unless something cheaper presents itself I may attempt this as a diy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240629_141820_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240629_141820_Chrome.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 44
Is there anything you think may be a better option.?

Considered egg crate but it’s ugly
No, not really coming up with any good ideas unfortunately. It’s inherently tough to have something that looks nice, keeps out snails, lets in light, is visible to us, and doesn’t make another algae chore for you.

My macro is growing too fast. Ran out of space in main tank, set up a 10 gallon that is now literally disgusting (with all kinds of slimy gelled up detritus in it) to hold more, and almost out of space there too

here is a picture of the collection before fragging all of it. Piled in front so I can pluck it out, snip snip, and glue to rubble easily

IMG_4813.jpeg

And the process
IMG_4815.jpg

I can supply you with replacements if you want to try experimenting
Ill keep it in mind. Hoping to grow mine out to add to other tanks, and tonhave enough to openly share.

Just need to get turbos not to eat it. I found them on it again this morning grrr. I don't have any hair alage issues now. Only reason I worry about giving them away. I have lots of trochus snails. I did however read a few articles saying the appiate of turbo snails is much larger than trochus. So I don't know what i'll do about them yet.

I’m wondering if I should do a freshwater idea and try to go for a full carpet of this stuff. Imagine not having sand be blown around, having some ruffly movement, and nutrient export, while also looking very red!

Only thing making me hesitate is my sand corals. Where would they go?

Back