Neptune Aquatics

Ecotech Radion Gen5

Ecotech finally taking my LED design to the next level :D

I did a similar thing in mine, cluster of 6 of the "main lights" (white/royal blue) at a few locations centered down the middle of the heat sink, and all the other blue/violets on either side of the heat sink on the edge. Granted my heatsink is much larger, almost twice the length, and I was limited to the useful LEDs at the time (still refuse to put green or red LEDs on a fixture), and they use a lot more LEDs (although not that much more power) but I'd say this is a clear case of them copying me :D

Don't worry Bob, history shows us that the price on the older generations do not drop a significant amount. Even the secondary/used market always tends to command top dollar for older goods that always seems to happen when new ones come out.

I am still interest to know how much they are cost. If too much then the old Gen4 will hold up in price, but it low then the gen4 price will be much less on the used market.

I bought an Orphek Atlatic Gen4 V2 last summer for $800 include the wifi module. It very heavy around 20lbs and does not cover 40inch long.

Gave ap700 2 years, it did not work out and I did not like it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I've been running Radions and decided to try the AP700s... I like how simple it is to set as opposed to Radions. Albeit, I think the Radions push more light...

But still torn which is why I run both depending on the tank.

I've been running Radions and decided to try the AP700s... I like how simple it is to set as opposed to Radions. Albeit, I think the Radions push more light...

But still torn which is why I run both depending on the tank.
Ap700 growth is mediocre, to me, the shimmer was actually annoying and overrated.
My coral growth in 6 months under the hydra was better than 2 years of ap700. Same setup, same everything...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back