Jestersix

Frankenstein bounce reproduction question

So I know almost all if not all mushrooms spit out baby’s from their foot and they pop out from under their skirt usually or whatever. Does anyone know definitively from experience that the Frankenstein bounce does the same? I have a large one probably 3x4” and it hasn’t done anything. My jaw breaker and Neptune bounce spit out baby’s when they were the size of a quarter. Looking around at other forums I actually don’t see anyone saying that they spit out baby’s but a lot of people cut them. So maybe they don’t reproduce barley at all and that’s why they get cut a lot? Thanks

It's a rhodactis -- most common natural cloning is through pedal laceration. As it moves across rocks, it can sometimes leave tissue behind which grows into a new shroom. BUT if your frank isn't moving, it's not dropping babies.

JBs and neptune also do the same. Yumas tend to drop babies on the other hand but can also form babies through pedal laceration...

Thanks for the info guys. I think I’m going try that like in the video. When I first got it I wasn’t willing to try anything but at this point I am.

It makes sense now. So my neptune and jb I glued the frag plug on a slant and they have been sliding down while dropping a couple baby’s. The Frankenstein it’s on a flat tile and isn’t moving. Maybe putting it at a 45 degree might get it moving a bit. I have some things to try. Thanks guys.

I wasn’t able to cut the frank. It’s hard to explain but I didn’t have any foot sticking out even a hair but I put it at a very steep angle and I’m gonna see if I can get it Move a little and cut it.

Thanks to your advice I did cut the foot on my jawbreaker and I got two little pieces. They turned into perfect round little pieces a couple days after. I’m waiting for some color to show up and I’ll know it’s a success. Thanks man!

It was a gem I found on YouTube I tried it and it’s an amazing way to force mushrooms to reproduce without cutting them in half.

actually surprised that works effectively. I know the mantra has always been "make sure you cut down the mouth" but nope. That's why I was surprised when my nem walked through my bounce my first thought was "uh oh... it's gonna melt on me" now I have 4 bounces none of them as big as the original, but yeah... wow.

Didnt get any mouth with mine and it healed fine and regrew a new one in a few weeks. Definitely slower than w the mouth though. IME Rhodactis dont drop babies that often. Infact i dont think ive ever had one drop babies. Always splits. Discosomas (jawbreakers n neptune bounce) drop a lot though.
1591405014764.png

When my frank was about 1” in size I cut it right down the middle through the mouth and was able to get two frags from it. Fast forward a year later, both pieces never produced any babies and one is 5-6”. I think it’s time for another cutting :). I find that the larger they get, the more dull so hopefully making some frags will have they secondary effect of coloring the piece up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When my frank was about 1” in size I cut it right down the middle through the mouth and was able to get two frags from it. Fast forward a year later, both pieces never produced any babies and one is 5-6”. I think it’s time for another cutting :). I find that the larger they get, the more dull so hopefully making some frags will have they secondary effect of coloring the piece up.

Try the foot cutting trick if you can I made like 4 babies so far from the frank I got from you

Try the foot cutting trick if you can I made like 4 babies so far from the frank I got from you

:) Sounds like you’re gonna get your money back really quickly :)

Do you break off the disc with the foot right away or do you let it grow for a bit first?

Back