Welcome to BAR - the Bay Area's premier saltwater hobbyists hub!

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

Guest
Joined
Feb 24, 2008
Messages
4,757
They're 250 watts...no need to blast the tank from the onset. ;)

No algae as of yet, but I do have some diatoms growing. :D
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
6,636
the hard part is to catch the fry, then you can try to raise them outside the main tank or maybe in your sump.....I once was walking by my tank and say my cardinal spit some babies out right in front of the tank so I was able to scoop them up with a cup ( no net - didn't want to damage them) I caught like 5 of them, I saw a few in my overflow for a while ....not sure what happened to the rest...eaten maybe. Anyways I didn't have live baby brine on hand so I couldn't raise them : ( since then one of the pair died so no more babies.
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 24, 2008
Messages
4,757
Bummer Arnold, but kudos for trying to raise the fry !

I'm not looking forward to try and catching fry in a 450 gallon tank. :O
 
Guest
Joined
Apr 1, 2010
Messages
2,752
jim if you pay me i will dive in and do babysitting....
 
Guest
Joined
Apr 1, 2010
Messages
2,752
u have every way to get a old of me I can sift sand too, >)
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
7,169
Be careful what you ask for though.
I still remember a somewhat out of control Guppy population from the old freshwater days.
:-)
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 24, 2008
Messages
4,757
I'm just concentrating on getting this thing done, but I would like to try breeding down the line. I have Robin's number handy when that time comes. ;)
 
Joined
Jan 30, 2006
Messages
464
The false panels with the laminated dimensional rockwork are almost done ... my wife is having a party on Sunday for several of her friends and I'd really love to have the panels in place and the protective paper off the front of the tank. I know it's only been almost two years since the tank was delivered, but I've always been a bit on the impatient side about getting things done quickly ;).

Jim, shoot me a PM with your email addy and I think I have a couple shots from a few weeks back that will show you what I'm trying to do with the background ... will give you some idea of the process.
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 24, 2008
Messages
4,757
fingerwrinkles said:
The false panels with the laminated dimensional rockwork are almost done ... my wife is having a party on Sunday for several of her friends and I'd really love to have the panels in place and the protective paper off the front of the tank. I know it's only been almost two years since the tank was delivered, but I've always been a bit on the impatient side about getting things done quickly ;).

Jim, shoot me a PM with your email addy and I think I have a couple shots from a few weeks back that will show you what I'm trying to do with the background ... will give you some idea of the process.

Robin...great pics ! I feel like I got a "sneak preview" of one awesome upcoming build thread. :)
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
17,384
fingerwrinkles said:
The false panels with the laminated dimensional rockwork are almost done ... my wife is having a party on Sunday for several of her friends and I'd really love to have the panels in place and the protective paper off the front of the tank. I know it's only been almost two years since the tank was delivered, but I've always been a bit on the impatient side about getting things done quickly ;).

Jim, shoot me a PM with your email addy and I think I have a couple shots from a few weeks back that will show you what I'm trying to do with the background ... will give you some idea of the process.

gimmito said:
Robin...great pics ! I feel like I got a "sneak preview" of one awesome upcoming build thread. :)

Ok what gives, I want to see your rockwork too!
 
Top