Jestersix

GROW-OUT CONTEST: Pink Boobies Chalice - Growth Tracking

Vibrant Aquarium Cleaner works if you dose higher than normal amounts, it is stressful on corals. There is a guy that lives around the corner from me, his rock was 90% covered by bubble and turf algae. Dosed 1ml per gal twice a week for 6 weeks and it just started withering away and falling off the rocks for about a month before it was all gone. It's been a little over a year since that and he is starting to get a little patch in one spot and a couple bubbles.

Vibrant Aquarium Cleaner works if you dose higher than normal amounts, it is stressful on corals. There is a guy that lives around the corner from me, his rock was 90% covered by bubble and turf algae. Dosed 1ml per gal twice a week for 6 weeks and it just started withering away and falling off the rocks for about a month before it was all gone. It's been a little over a year since that and he is starting to get a little patch in one spot and a couple bubbles.

Thanks! I will look into that, although being harsh on the corals is a little concerning. For now I just remove the area that get too close to the coral.

I think this contest is going to force me to make a journal so I can talk about this sort of stuff [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! I will look into that, although being harsh on the corals is a little concerning. For now I just remove the area that get too close to the coral.

I think this contest is going to force me to make a journal so I can talk about this sort of stuff [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I looked for a tank thread to continue the conversation....

Ready and set:

I have a boobie with glasses -- four eyes.

IMG_1418.jpg

Mine has two full ones, and one full eye right on the edge, and one partial eye.
So 4, but we shall see if those survive.
coral_0.JPG

I believe pictures are due first week of May.

If people are not able to post during the first weeks of the month, can they post prior? Like for example in June someone will be out of town for business, can they post one beginning of May and end of May? Assuming they dont want to use their 1 late post freebie because they may be out of town for another month, missing the first week post requirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My May pic. I’ve already got some growth and encrusting. Still 5 eyes but definitely going to be more soon.

Pics suck because it’s hard to hold the tongs and take the pic with both hands.

IMG_0726.jpg
IMG_0725.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a frag for cdhappy but he never reply to retrieve it from me. I think I still have it. Be glad to hand it back.

Back