Here we go again - Dave's 120 g


Supporting Member
MLK weekend saw me get a chance to upgrade my sump a little. I was still using the tiny 20g I got from the cylinder and it was so cramped!


Thanks to @xcaret I was able to get a 45g acrylic as a base, a few simple baffles and sock holder and a world of difference



Next up will be switching to hard plumbing throughout now I am done getting this finished up.


Supporting Member
Pretty much 2 years now since I set up my 120 and it's looking pretty good with a fairly minimal/simple set up. Here are the compare and contrast photos.


I average 15g water change every 2 weeks, top off with Kalk/Vinegar and feed brine shrimp once daily. Occasionally I will add some Reef Roids and Selcon, but by and large, that's about it, I just leave it alone and enjoy.

Had a few Cyano blooms, so I added in an Ice Cap Gyro 3k, but luckily that's been about it.


Supporting Member

The back wall is covered in coralline that is plating out - I keep having to trim it back as it blocks the overflow teeth. Also, have a tiny frag shelf in the middle which could be what looks like glued on?
The clam is huge, and is, well, happy as a clam :) It came along with the acquisition of the cylinder tank that led to this setup.


Supporting Member
Wow... looks great. That clam looks like it has grown since we took that tank down.
Thanks Will - I am still ever thankful for your help moving that cylinder thingy into what I ended up with now! New Years' resolution is to try and be a little more involved with the club again.


Supporting Member
So it seems that when there are no "problems" to fix in the tank, you find your own problems, just to keep busy :) Next up is to clean up my water making station. I have 2 x 30g totes, one for fresh RODI and the other for mixing my saltwater. Up until last weekend, I was fine pumping the saltwater into 5g containers and hauling them across the garage to my sump for changes, but decided I could just add a line from my reservoir to the sump


Now I am noodling on a diverter valve so I can drain water from my sump using the main return.


The hope here is that I can save my back a little from carrying al the water, automate the water change to a large degree, which in turn may mean I do more changes.

Finally, I have a utility sink coming in order to clean up the RODI station area. Cleaning my skimmer in the kitchen sink isn't always looked well upon :)


Supporting Member
Ok, got my projects mostly complete now in the garage! I tried out my new water change today using the 3-way diverter from my main return. It works pretty cool.


Also got my utility sink plumbed up so I no longer need to clean the skimmer in the kitchen sink!

20191217_120348 (1).jpg