Cali Kid Corals

I need an engineer

I might still have my Neptune solniod. If you end up wanting to go this path and like let me know I'll give it to you..
Mine will require a module to power it thu..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What I am struggling with,
If the co2 is so high that is dropping the ph by a whole digit, why would scrubbing on the skimmer be enough to negate all the co2 impact?
There is more airiation happining on surface, pumps, overflow that is also adding the co2 content back.
Are we saying the skimmer airation is more than the rest of airation junctions combined?

7.7 up to 8.6 is too wide of a range to attribute to scrubbing on the skimmer inlet alone..no?

My question is why it is so difficult to equilibriate CO2 between air & SW - if large surface area and skimming/other aeration was effective we’d all have stable pH (but maybe then the ocean would be sequestering all of the anthropomorphic CO2 so be careful what we wish for)...

My question is why it is so difficult to equilibriate CO2 between air & SW - if large surface area and skimming/other aeration was effective we’d all have stable pH (but maybe then the ocean would be sequestering all of the anthropomorphic CO2 so be careful what we wish for)...
One of the issues climate is facing is the high carbon dioxide that is raising the oceans acidity. Some speculate that this is one of the main issues hitting coral reef world wide...

I might still have my Neptune solniod. If you end up wanting to go this path and like let me know I'll give it to you..
Mine will require a module to power it thu..

Yeah I realized afterwards that I would need a module for the flow meter you gave me as well.

I think the Neptune solenoid can be powered by a 24vdc power adapter.

Last edited:
Yeah I realized afterwards that I would need a Mondale for the flow meter you gave me as well.

I think the Neptune solenoid can be powered by a 24vdc power adapter.
Yup it can ofcourse. I just do not have the power supply...
Will find it and keep it for u bud.

CO2 does equilibrate quickly between air and water. Most of the excess CO2 made by modern society is dissolved into the oceans, lowering the pH. This blunts the CO2 increases in the atmosphere and associated climate change. But it also causes ocean acidification contributing to coral die-offs and other problems in the ocean.

The main causes of pH changes in reef tanks are 1) ambient CO2 level in the air, 2) CO2 production by animals in the tank during their respiration, 3) CO2 consumption by algae (including zooxanthellae) during their respiration. The ambient CO2 level in the air inside your house is higher than outside due to respiration of the animals in your house, people, pets, partially offset by CO2 consumption by plants (if you have a lot). Generally speaking the CO2 level inside is much higher than outside, which is why we often have trouble keeping our pH normal levels in our reef tanks. The point of CO2 scrubbers is to try to artificially bring down the CO2 level of the air your tank is equilibrating with closer to that natural outdoor air over the oceans.

You can see this in action if you look at a graph of your pH in your tank when you have a bunch of people over but don’t have windows open, like a holiday gathering when it’s cold out. The pH will drop during the party compared with normal variation.

I see anywhere from a .2 to .5 decrease with a large group of people in the house.
Yup and that's because carbon dioxide (the co2 from humans exhale). In situations like these, opening up a window reduce levels of carbon dioxide which and will reduce the impact on the ph.

Back