Jestersix

I need an engineer

And trust me. If the scrubber was online the ph will increase to 8.6 easy
Dude am concerned you are sucking in co2 scrubber media in to your water. That is the only way. If you add the co2 scrubber media to the water it will spike the water ph. Check for that..thisnis bigger problem if true.
Media should not touch water or get in your system.
If your suction is high it might suck in media or media powder and mix it with your water..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

8.4 ph is not bad and nothing I would be concerned about.
So check your ph reading and see what exactly your ph swing is
Then make sure you are not putting media inside your water, ad I said it make no sense you have ph above to what your fresh water mix produce..at least not too much above

Scrubber stays moist but not wet and no water is in the line to the skimmer.

Attachments

• 5007B241-F0A9-41EF-99FE-50F370F9FBC1.jpeg
    5007B241-F0A9-41EF-99FE-50F370F9FBC1.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 151
8.4 ph is not bad and nothing I would be concerned about.
So check your ph reading and see what exactly your ph swing is
Then make sure you are not putting media inside your water, ad I said it make no sense you have ph above to what your fresh water mix produce..at least not too much above

Yes. I try to keep it at 8.4. But if I forget to unplug the scrubber in the morning it shoots up over 8.6. Scrubber is currently off line

Scrubber stays moist but not wet and no water is in the line to the skimmer.
Oh man what do you mean stay moist.no moisture should touch the media. Stop the reactor if that is what is happining.
Media should never touch water. Brs confused the hell out of people when they tried to creat humid environment for their shitty media to last bit longer but they did not mean moist

Last edited:
I run the media without creating humid environment ( brs do that by asking you to add a tea spoon in the reactor base) and I get solid results.
Even brs when they say add a tea spoon in the reactor base they tell you clearly do not get the media wet...

Last edited:
What you are doing is slowly dripping a co2 scrubber media juice through the condensation, as if you are dosing this juice to your system through your skimmer...
This juice is bad... its equivalent to adding ph buffer which is really bad for reef systems

This is how I run my scrubber. I do not even have it in a concealed air tight reactor like brs.
This reactor is simply a container that have many holes on the bottom to freely let air flow through the media..
This gave me better results than brs air tight reactor on both ph and skimmer performance..
84ee874d79d94a251a38522876ab3418.jpg

This is what brs do which I think confused some ppl..

"Add 1 Tbsp of RO/DI water to the bottom of the reactor body."
Tea spoon is tiny ammount of water that will stay at the very bottom of the reactor and never touch the media. This is just to have bit of humidity in the air before passing it to the media but its ineffective and useless honestly

Last edited:
It just stays moist in the reactor. Not really a huge deal

The media is still solid when I change it. Doesn’t seem like it would be causing an issue.

Maybe I need to add a moisture catch can before the reactor

How long does your media last Omar?

It just stays moist in the reactor. Not really a huge deal

The media is still solid when I change it. Doesn’t seem like it would be causing an issue.

Maybe I need to add a moisture catch can before the reactor

How long does your media last Omar?
My media can go up to 3 months depend on some situations like what's my skimmer power setting.
Do not add more moisture, it will spike it more, am pretty sure it will increase ph more cause you are dosing buffer through condensation. You are making the air saturated with ph buffer particles I think...

Last edited:
Skimmer cup into reactor. Reactor into skimmer Venturi

This pulls in humid air...hence the condensation in the reactor and keeps the media from being bine dry.

The humid media last significantly longer than dry media. Like 5 weeks longer.

Back