Jestersix

I'm back!

Jebao failed me last night.

The wifi module in the smart gyre failed and the default mode is on, full blast.

It chewed up the anemone in the tank. The worst part is the guard I designed and 3d printed for that pump finished this morning.

Went to the LFS this morning to pick up some calcium supplement for fine tuning and a bag to out carbon in (no reactors yet).

The place is very old school and honestly, neglected (salt cicles hanging off the plumbing) but that also means they have trocus and stomatella snails the breed in their systems.

Bought 6 more trocus snails and a handful of stomatella. Within half an hour in my big tank, the stomatellas started spawning together.

Is that brown sludge diatoms or dinos?

Why not both?
20220326_163828.jpg

I noticed the air stone Skimmer on the biocube wasn't working well and took it out a few days ago. The nutrients were near zero anyhow.

Looked at the (wood) air stone today and there was a bunch of this black, leafy algae growing on the air stone. I've never seen that before.

OK. The jebao pump didn't fail me. I made an assumption that turned out to be wrong.

The "smart" pumps use the same channel as the dumb pumps. So, the Master and Slave combo on the biocube was interfering with the signal between the Master and Slave on the big tank.

It's kinda frustrating that they don't have this figured out but you get what you pay for.

My fake kessil will be here on Monday for the biocube.

Both tanks are running with undetectable nitrates and phosphates (salifert kits), even with really heavy feeding.

Something went wrong in the biocube this week. I lost a trocus snail and a cleaner shrimp. The pistol shrimp and the orchid dottyback are both missing. The hammer frag melted, the frogspawn is doing fine though. One of the bta bleached. The Toadstool, nepthea and gorgs shed this week too.

Sps in the big tank are losing color slowly, they are starting to encrust though. I did lose two small frags.

I have reduced the refugium lighting schedule on both tanks.

Chinese kessil is here and installed.

It's pulling the right amount of power to meet its claims (love having a Kill-A-Watt meter). I've never had an a360x to compare but build quality seems sufficient.

The app absolutely sucks to use. The UI is mostly in English but all of the pop ups and instructions are in Chinese. I wish I knew how to code enough to fix this stuff.

It's been on the tank for two days and everything is responding very well. Everything in the tank looks better and healthier. The old light really wasn't sufficient.
20220409_095740.jpg

I made a shroud for the light so it isn't shining in my eyes when I'm on the couch.

Back