Kessil

IM SR60 - back after a long hiatus

One quick tip... I've had better luck with the mesh ones. I greatly oversize them, allow it to fold a bit and go along the bottom of the sump to increase the volume.

Once I see the set-up, I'm sure I'll have more tips :)

aquamaxx-ws-1-in-sump-protein-skimmer.jpg

3295026083.jpg

The water flows out of the skimmer out of that little rectangle opening on the right side of the skimmer in the top pic. The bottom of that outlet is about 1.5 inches above the waterline.

The skimmer is currently on the right side of the (14.4 inch) middle chamber in the bottom pic.

I put an air valve to the venturi on the left side of the top pic. If I open up that air valve too much. I do get larger bubbles but the skimmer goes crazy and overflows.

I have a piece of filter sock that funnels the water to the 3.1 inch chamber on the right that dumps into another filter sock that is about water height. It does seem that bubbles do coalesce but I'm still getting a ton of microbubbles.

One quick tip... I've had better luck with the mesh ones. I greatly oversize them, allow it to fold a bit and go along the bottom of the sump to increase the volume.

Once I see the set-up, I'm sure I'll have more tips :)
Nice, thanks! I'll have to get some. Any specific micron size?

Back