High Tide Aquatics

Jeff's 120

[quote author=zambavi link=topic=4762.msg75027#msg75027 date=1232129387]
I've received a few PM's requesting the doc of the water perameters sheet I keep posted in my canopy for reference. I pulled the content from RC some time ago and formatted to my own liking. Figured I'd just post here.... PDF is what I use... Word doc attached is content only...
[/quote]

Thanks! I made a copy and will put it with all my test kits. :)

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=4762.msg75052#msg75052 date=1232135382]
when all else fails: www.mcmaster.com :p
[/quote]

Ya... they keep a couple of plumping parts in stock... ;)

[quote author=pixelpixi link=topic=4762.msg75040#msg75040 date=1232133393]
[quote author=zambavi link=topic=4762.msg74980#msg74980 date=1232088955]
Anyone? I'm having no luck here finding a reducer...
[/quote]

I don't think that john guest fittings work well with soft flexible tubing. However, you can use a john guest fitting to adapt to a piece of rigid 1/4" irrigation tubing then use a 1/4" double-barb connector to connect the rigid tubing to the flexible airline tubing.

You can get the rigid tubing and the double-barb connectors in the irrigation section at home depot. The john guest fittings are also at home depot, over with all the brass and nylon fittings and adapters.

[/quote]

Thanks... I'm probably going to hold out until I can find or order the 1/2"MRP to 1/4"insert Nylon or Poly reducer. I'm trying to keep this as clean and simple as possible. Was just hoping to be able to find this locally so I didn't have to pay for shipping and wait 3-10 days for it to come in.

Ooohhh... my bad. I guess I should of thrown that out there. They have really good prices.... but shipping sucks. I'll remember to open it up next time.

[quote author=Vento link=topic=4762.msg75287#msg75287 date=1232246626]
Saw this a lil late but I was going to say maybe Windustrial.
[/quote]

Ok... that sucks. They have what I need..... Oh well... Thanks though. I know where to go next time. Phong... that will probably work best for you. Here's their info...

Sunnyvale Windustrial Co
www.svlwin.com

394 W Caribbean Dr
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
(408) 734-9300

So I have been checking out controllers... Honestly it's not that I REALLY need one but there a few things that I would like to have.

Mostly...

1. I'd like the graphing history of the different levels that are being monitored for reference.
2. I'd like the alert email functionality should anything become out of wack or loose power etc.

But...

If I'm going to do it I want to be able to plug in several things in three different locations.

1. Skimmer, Pump, Fugelight, Reactors, heaters, chiller, UV etc. in tank stand
2. Lights, Fans and ph's in Canopy
3. Lights, Fans, heater and ph in Frag tank stand.

At this point the Reefkeeper Elite seems to be the cheapest controller out there that could give me this... Any thoughts or other ideas? I've attached a Controller comparison chart that I've been looking over for the past couple weeks; downloaded from RC.

[quote author=Vento link=topic=4762.msg75307#msg75307 date=1232248567]
Only reason I know them is due to work. It's really nice to have them right down the street.

[/quote]

This is good to know though. Appreciate you speaking up. I like having a place I can go local to get stuff like this.

So I've got a power problem... the chiller is tripping my system. I've got a lot going on in this set up to be on one small breaker. So I think I'm going to run a dedicated line off of a dedicated breaker for everything to plug into. From the collective BAR experience what Ampage of breaker is generally required to handle a set up like mine?

Standard household breakers/wiring is set at 15amps. If this is a dedicated line, and you can get it properly wired in, might as well get a 30 amp line (which is basically a 3600watt setup). Mikey probably would have some sage advice here on the electrical end of things.

Are you still planning to run all those tanks in your drawing on the first page? If I do it, I would run 3x15 or at least 2x20.

I am running the RKE. If you ever want to see it in action feel free to shoot me a pm and I will send you my address. The Net module is set to ship Feb 1. At this point the graphing is a little limited. I pre-ordered the net module so I should be runnig full boar by the 2nd week of Feb.

Back