Our mission

Jeff's 120

So I couldn't get the timers for the fans and lights to fit on my power bar inside the Frag/ATO tank stand. Had to go back and make the hole larger on the back panel where I was bringing through the electrical in order to run all the electric OUT that hole to the back of the tank stand. So... all the electrical is now hanging off the back of the stand and no longer in the tank stand.... the ballast for the 250 MH is also hanging off the back of the stand with the internal vent pointed up.

So... no shield to be built for this tanks powerbar. I do still like the idea though and am going to play around over the holiday weekend with making a similar apparatus for the 4' 10 outlet power bar above my Sump/Fuge.

Thought I’d post a complete list of the stats on this tank…

Tanks

120g Display Truvu Acrylic Tank 48”Lx18”Wx30”T w/ Center overflow, drilled for 1” schedule 80 bulkhead drain and ¾” schedule 80 bulkhead return
40g Breeder Tank 36”Lx18”Wx16”T DIY Sump/Refugium.
40g Breeder Tank 36”Lx18”Wx16”T w/ DIY overflow and drilled drain - Frag Tank
20g Long Tank 30”Lx12”Wx13”T - ATO Reservoir

Filtration/Supplements
ASM G-3 Protein Skimmer w/ Sedra 5000 Pump – Rated for 250 Gallons
3 x Two Little Fishies Phosban Reactor 150 – one for HydroCarbon2, one for PhosBan, one for de*nitrate
Korallin Calcium Reactor 3002 w/ Dual Guage CO2 Regulator Deluxe, 10 lbs CO2 tank and CaribSea Reactor Media – Rated for up to 800 Gallons
15W UV Sterilizer for TECO SeaChill Chiller
160 Pounds of Live Rock - DT
20 Pounds of Live Rock Rubble – Kept in eggcrate Basket in Refugium
200 Pounds of Live Sand
Use of 4” ring 200 Micron Filter Socks
Two Little Fishies C-Balance Part A & B

Temperature/Levels controls and Monitors
1/3HP TECO SeaChill Chiller TR20 – Rated for up to 400 Gallons
2 x ViaAqua VA300T 300W Titanium Heaters – Placed in Sump
1 x ViaAqua VA100W Titanium Heater – Placed in Frag Tank
Reef Fanatic Level Control Kit ATO
2 x 4” Fans in Frag Tank Stand
4 x 4” Fans in DT Canopy
PinPoint pH Monitor
PinPoint Temperature Monitor
PinPoint Salinity Monitor

Flow
Danner Mag-Drive Supreme 18 - 1800 GPH Return Pump – used for circulation to DT, FT, Reactors and Chiller
4 x Hydor Koralia 4 Circulation Pump/Powerhead UL 1200 gph – Display Tank
1 x Tunze Turbelle Stream 6060 1,585 USgal./h – Display Tank
1 x Hydor Koralia 3 Circulation Pump/Powerhead UL 850 gph – Frag Tank
2 x Hydor Koralia 2 Circulation Pump/Powerhead UL 600 gph – Frag Tank
1 x Maxi-Jet 400 Utility Pump 106 gph – ATO pump

Lighting

Display Tank Lighting
PFO 250 Watt Dual HQI Metal Halide Ballast
2 x 250 Watt 14000K Metal Halide Bulbs – Hamilton
4ft Captive Sun Retrofit Lighting Kit w/ 2 Mogul Sockets, 2 VHO
2 VHO Actinic Bulbs
4 x IceCap LED Flat Moonlight

Refugium Light
Home Depot Clamp light w/ n:vision daylight BR30 6500k bulb

Frag Tank Lighting
Lighting System - 1 x 250W HQI double ended Metal Halide w/ 4x dual Bluemoon LED, internal fan and 250W HQI MH Ballast

Wow, lots of stuff!

Just out of curiosity...how much do you estimate all this cost you?

It would be kind of interesting to know how much people spend, on average, on their tanks, vs. keeping other pets.

EXACTLY!! Right now I have some level of plausible deniability… Can always respond with a… “I got a really good deal on that” and a “without this I would be throwing away everything else I’ve invested in” and I especially like “How much did you spend on your scrapbooking stuff?”

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=4762.msg74611#msg74611 date=1231977764]
"But honey you should see all the stuff I won in the raffle"..... and better yet..... "those are just DBTC frags"
[/quote]
:D LOL I have a feeling that the "those are just DBTC frags" is going to be used very frequent. Hilarious...

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=4762.msg74611#msg74611 date=1231977764]
"But honey you should see all the stuff I won in the raffle"..... and better yet..... "those are just DBTC frags"
[/quote]

LOL ;D I use this with my husband, and he buys it, or just says, "yes dear". ;D

The only thing that my wife complains about with my "reef problem" is when my big skimmer gets about 1" + of skimmate it starts to smell. Yesterday she said she started to smell it and couldn't take it so she decided to empty and clean the skimmate cup. Said it was the nastiest experience of her life. ;) I told her if she will change all the diapers... then I'd keep the skimmate cup clean ;) ... she agreed without hesitation.

Got my 10lb CO2 tank filled up this afternoon from Arc Gas here in San Jose. No tank swap... Filled my nice silver tank in less than 5 minutes for $20. Don't really know how this may stack up to other places in the area but this was an easy and quick service through Arc.

Arc Gas
140 S Mongomery
San Jose, CA 95110
(408) 287-2896

The instructions on this Koralin 3002 Calcium Reactor are terrible... pretty much not there at all. Most of the set up is intuitive but not 100%. Did some research online and found a guy on RC that put together some more detailed instructions. No pics though... Does anyone have a pic of their Koralin Reactor they can post where it shows the different connections clearly? If not... I guess I'll post some once I figure it all out.

At this point I wouldn't call it problems with hookup... just unclear on how to tweak it once it's set up. Method of outlet use (1or2), achieving balance between dual sylinoid, bubblecounter valves on reactor etc. I'm going to get it up and running this evening so I'll post updates and such once I start.

So the addresss I gave you is correct... Just couldn't read the name... Google's camera suck but that might be a good thing ;D ..

[quote author=zambavi link=topic=4762.msg74912#msg74912 date=1232073264]
At this point I wouldn't call it problems with hookup... just unclear on how to tweak it once it's set up. Method of outlet use (1or2), achieving balance between dual sylinoid, bubblecounter valves on reactor etc. I'm going to get it up and running this evening so I'll post updates and such once I start.
[/quote]

Does this help?

http://reef.diesyst.com/reactor/reactor.html

Yes it will... thankyou. My biggest problem at this point is figuring out how to connect the T off of my return with this tiny air line hose. You would think that the reactor would come with some sort of standard reducer from pumpsize to airtube size. Been to HD and Lowes... they got nothin. Any place local to pick up something like this?

Back