got ethical husbandry?

June 26, 2021 - Member's Frag Swap

RSVP required- Will you be attending?

• Total voters
It would be great if people could finalize their votes in the poll as to whether or not they are coming, especially the Maybe’s or if your plans have changed. We are finalizing counts for food and other planning now.

I would have to swap out the whole light then. I have a mount that should work well. If Tim is willing to do a switcheroo for the event.

Did it at Neptune Aquatics over several tanks that had Kessil AP9Xs. Corals didn't skip a beat if you are worried about that.

Just let me know.
I just asked Tim and he gave the ok for this. I’m interested to see the Sky in action too.

Realized I never mentioned my +1 in the thread - I'd like to bring my partner who wants to watch (1 person). Super excited for the swap!
What is your trick to getting your SO involved? Mine just makes fun of me still. "FEEEESH!! FEEEESH!!" To be fair, I do get a little "hyper focused" sometimes on my tank. And to her credit, she did just give me blanket permission to put as many tanks in my office as I want! So, who has creative ways to fill a room with tanks, but still get work done!?!

What is your trick to getting your SO involved? Mine just makes fun of me still. "FEEEESH!! FEEEESH!!" To be fair, I do get a little "hyper focused" sometimes on my tank. And to her credit, she did just give me blanket permission to put as many tanks in my office as I want! So, who has creative ways to fill a room with tanks, but still get work done!?!
I had 4 in my bedroom by the time I left high school

I've got that 20 long still.

She's a veterinary student, so she likes the animals! Frankly, she's too good to me, given how many times I've flooded the bathroom with RODI...

Fill your office with tanks? Talk to @NanoCrazed.

Still get work done? Can’t help you there.

Mine thinks it's pretty, she just wants nothing to do with the day-to-day maintenance.

I'm an ADD geek with PhD-level hyperfocus that finds almost everything interesting and can get nerdsniped at the drop of a hat. She just kinda sighed and said, "Add it to the pile."

Mine thinks it's pretty, she just wants nothing to do with the day-to-day maintenance.

I'm an ADD geek with PhD-level hyperfocus that finds almost everything interesting and can get nerdsniped at the drop of a hat. She just kinda sighed and said, "Add it to the pile."
I'm still the one doing all the water changes too :)

She's a veterinary student, so she likes the animals! Frankly, she's too good to me, given how many times I've flooded the bathroom with RODI...
Use an old and clean salt bucket, drill into the side of it high up, and then place a float switch inside the bucket. I used to flood the office too when I didn't have a float switch and forgot about it. Haven't had an issue since then.

Reactions: JVU
Use an old and clean salt bucket, drill into the side of it high up, and then place a float switch inside the bucket. I used to flood the office too when I didn't have a float switch and forgot about it. Haven't had an issue since then.
I recently ordered a float switch, but have just been lazy in installing it... Definitely on my to-do list.

Reactions: Ibn
Back