Cali Kid Corals

June 26, 2021 - Member's Frag Swap

RSVP required- Will you be attending?

• Total voters
Yea but they're standing there right next in line .

I'm in Livermore. I appreciate the generosity. I'll bring a bunch of my frags for the free table.
That “line” hasn’t moved in like 10 years, so you are fine to use those for admission. More than fine actually, I’m sure those corals would be happily picked, nice and hardy with vibrant colors.

I’m in the East Bay in Walnut Creek if you want to use some of my frags. I’ll have more than I need.
Thanks. Sounds like I might just need only one. Everyone has been so generous. I'm looking forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Reactions: JVU
Members who are attending the swap and have school-age kids:
I have a few items to pass to kids who may be interested - kids do NOT have to attend swap.
1) All ages: clever little algae/brine shrimp bag habitat kit to observe hatching, life cycle, algae/shrimp population changes over weeks. THE CATCH: the included Nannochloropsis green algae is from March and is likely no longer viable, so you will need to provide your own algae when you set it up. No equipment needed. This setup has been used with students in elem school through college.
2) Best for middle & high school age: flat paper microscope to assemble and observe with. Patience, perseverance, and desire to observe and troubleshoot required since focusing is not easy like with a stand-up scope. Highly recommend using with a cell phone and there is an optional adapter available for purchase online. With these expectations, it is a very cool little scope.
To keep this thread focused on the swap, please PM me if you are interested or have questions. If there are more requests than items available, I will conduct a little drawing and notify people before the swap.

So I will be bringing a SKY for show and tell. Thinking about bringing a small tank to put the lights over but just thinking about the water needed and its kinda useless without corals to put it over, so the tank may not happen.

So I will be bringing a SKY for show and tell. Thinking about bringing a small tank to put the lights over but just thinking about the water needed and its kinda useless without corals to put it over, so the tank may not happen.
Cool. Tim has a tank there at the brewery. I’m hesitant to want to mess with his tank, but maybe it could be mounted there and switched out to having the Sky on instead of his light a couple times just to show people.

Cool. Tim has a tank there at the brewery. I’m hesitant to want to mess with his tank, but maybe it could be mounted there and switched out to having the Sky on instead of his light a couple times just to show people.
Not sure he’d let you take it after tho

Let me know if you have any specifics of where you'd like to show and tell it. Like if we'd need an extension cord (unfortunately I didn't map out all the plug locations in the place). You could have it in the coral picking area (with some sort of mounting), or just outside the the coral picking area where people can maybe shine their frags under it to see how they look, or any place else you'd like (can't speak for Tim's tank though) Either, way if you need something to make it happen we'll do it.

I would have to swap out the whole light then. I have a mount that should work well. If Tim is willing to do a switcheroo for the event.

Did it at Neptune Aquatics over several tanks that had Kessil AP9Xs. Corals didn't skip a beat if you are worried about that.

Just let me know.

I would have to swap out the whole light then. I have a mount that should work well. If Tim is willing to do a switcheroo for the event.

Did it at Neptune Aquatics over several tanks that had Kessil AP9Xs. Corals didn't skip a beat if you are worried about that.

Just let me know.
Do it...I missed the Neptune event and am jealous of those who have seen it in person!

Back